Transgender - A Case of Tested Friendship

by Amazing 23 Replies latest jw friends

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

one thing to rememner.....Jehovah Doesn't make mistakes....man does

• Amazing
    Amazing
    Can a transgendered person legally marry after their operation? And if so, would the WT Society force them to get divorced in order to be baptized?

Sexual reassignment does make one eligible for legal marriage. One's gender is actually changed in the eyes of the state. I know that is the case in California, and Illinois. Further, Transgendered persons are a protected class in Illinois since January 2006. I doubt the WTS would accept them.

The burning question in my mind, what sex would a transgendered person be in paradise?

I am sure the WTS view would be that Big J (Jehovah) would restore their origninal gender and repair their heart and mind so that they enjoy being the gender of their birth.

one thing to rememner.....Jehovah Doesn't make mistakes....man does
    One could argue that Big J put a woman in the body of a man so that the person would face a test of integrity, and if they find the courage to get a sex reassignment surgery, then they have shown that they would rather please God than man. It is all about what spin we put on it ... now isn't it?

Jim Whitney
  • mariemcg
    mariemcg

I've been brought up in the truth as well as being transgendered and post op for almost 15 years, I'm now 32.. I cling on to the hope that Jehovah will make it right for whatever that is but in this life i'm leading i felt compelled to have surgery in order to survive.. I must say the majority of the congregation i'm in now are being very supportive and loving.. Ok most prob never be able to get baptisted but with Isaiah 56:3-6 and mat 19:12 i feel there is hope and Jehovah would of wanted the best for me and for me not to suffer beyond what i can bear. Agape

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

This is an interesting question... Being transgender is considered a mental illness of some sort (I'm not completely aware of the specifics) and is treated medically (through hormone therapy and surgery). From that perspective, you can definitely say that it is some sort of mental illness, disease, syndrome, or some other term that might be more applicable.That said, I have 5 or 6 transgender friends, and think they are some of the most wonderful people I know. I have a lot of respect for them, and am an avid supporter of transgender rights, as well as for the rest of the GLBT community. Everyone should have the right to express their sexual orientation and gender identity.

Sexual reassignment does make one eligible for legal marriage. One's gender is actually changed in the eyes of the state.

Ironically, it also works in some of the states that it doesn't legally change your gender. I am friends with a lesbian couple that can legally get married in the state of Texas because one of them is MTF. Basically, it works out like this (I will be using sex to mean birth gender and gender to mean actual gender): If gay marriage is legal, transgender people can marry freely. If gay marriage is illegal, but being trans legally changes your gender, a trans person can marry someone of the opposite gender. If gay marriage is illegal and being trans does not legally change your gender, a trans person can marry someone of the opposite sex.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit