Transgender - A Case of Tested Friendship

by Amazing 23 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

I think that if someone is going to go to the extent of changing their gender, then they really must feel they belong as that particular sex.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Here is a legal question and a JW one--- Can a transgendered person legally marry after their operation? And if so, would the WT Society force them to get divorced in order to be baptized?

• luvbug2007
    luvbug2007

I would think the society would view it as a homosexual relationship? And therefor would not be able to get babtised

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

That's what im thinking too, however if they could legally get married, then the society would be in a pickle.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I stumbled upon this video last week while looking for videos about Islam. I was completely gobsmacked! Think about how the Society would address this issue. Now think about how a radical Islamist like Ayatollah Khomeini would address it. Now.....go watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_LI6fXFUtA

I was like John Stewart thinking, "wha-wha-what??"

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

I don't think the legality of marriagability would be a factor. Abortion is legal but we know the WT stance of that...and blood transfusions, etc.

I don't view it as a mental illness. I view it as an interesting quirk of brain chemistry, like left-handedness when most of the population is right-handed). People used to try to force the 'wrong-handed' issue in teaching penmanship, too. Conformity...ignorance...and intolerance of anything different from our own personal paradigm of how things 'ought to be.' That's the thing that's really ill.

• bebu
    bebu
    I was like John Stewart thinking, "wha-wha-what??"

me too.

I didn't understand the very end, however. The imam was saying that sex changes were permissible, but if preliminary procedures required exposing genitals, or looking/touching them... then it is forbidden. I wonder how they manage to do these surgeries??

bebu

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

I'm not a JW, but my roommate is and I am gay. My comment is that I just don't understand why someone in that situation would want to be part of a group that treats them as second class citizens.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    What is your view? Do you see Transgenders as acting wickedly, mentally ill, or simply trying to correct a disconnect between their mind, heart, and body?

Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Transgendered...and even heterosexuals are allowed, in my post Jehovah's Witness mind, to decide for themselves what 'label' describes their personal knowledge of themselves.

I cannot imagine deciding 'which' sexuality is 'right' for someone else, but, yet...I once did just that very thing!

WTF was I thinking ? It never was any of my business.

Rabbit

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Can a transgendered person legally marry after their operation? And if so, would the WT Society force them to get divorced in order to be baptized?

The burning question in my mind, what sex would a transgendered person be in paradise?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit