Did You Always Find Yourself "Discouraged"?

by minimus 12 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

My grandmother thought the end was coming in her lifetime she died in her late 70's. My mother, her daughter thought it was coming in '75, my mom is now in HER early 70's. Discouarged doesn't even describe it. All my mom says is she just wants to get life over with, and now admidts she will probably never see the big A. Hows that for discouraged? Both women spent their entire lives serving the WBTS and they have both been denied.

r.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I don't think it's just a jw thing, but it definitely is one of the governing body's tools to keep the "faithful" under control. If you think you're constantly messing up or never giving enough then you of course deserve all the crap that comes your way. And they make sure it comes your way. They build persecution into the religion but not in standing up for righteous principles, but by doing things that always make you appear to think your superior to those around you. Of course that's going to bring persecution.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

When they would continue to repeat, "Do More, Do More," " Soon, Soon, Very Soon! Here is the Carrot!" "Wait on Jehovah!" From 1975 on discouragement became the way of life that kept growing and growing until they used the straw that broke the camels back, touching my eyeball, my children. That began the way out of all this discouragement.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit