Comments You Will Not Hear at the 12-3-06 WT Study (PROVE YOUR FAITH)

by blondie 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Thanks Blondie!

That made me so nauseous when i read it . I said to my ex about last weeks study and she said its just common sense, so why do they need to go into such micro detail about all aspects? Can the so called christians not decide for themselves without being coached by the 'FDS'? How can you make such commands of men, when there is no biblical precedent? Obviously we know the reasons here, and this is an area that started to grate on me when I was attending, all it does is drive you mad to do as your told, and not as you see fit. The men at the top really dont trust their slaves fellow brothers do they!

CS 101

• Borgia
    Borgia

What I find amusing that they actually expect JW to have a parlez instead of a wedding because they don´t want guest to party on music. I mean, you don´t go walzing around on kingdom melodies in the background during a RECEPTION!

They do not make the distiction between a reception and a ball. For sure a well written article. (Puke.)

What was even more amusing were the looks on the face of the conductor when he heard my comment and the response of the cong.

Cheers

Borgia

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I find it very ironic that the same folks that blast the Pharisees for making up all the rules around the Law have the audacity to do the exact same thing!! I actually laughed out loud several times when I first read the article. My wife & I made fun of the Kingdom Melodies comment. Are they serious? HAHAHAHA.

Also, there was one particularly annoying sister (an elderette who has an IQ of about 80) who made the comment about how "the society calls get-togethers gatherings instead of parties. Because everyone knows that those wordly parties end up with everyone drunk or doing drugs" Seriously, she said that. The demonization of everything non-JW is truly unbelievable.

When you think of proving your faith, do you think of how you organize a social gathering, a wedding, a reception or giving/receiving wedding gifts.

No, not at all. It is amazing how they can take these petty rules and someone turn them into being faithful to God. But, as we all know, faith in God = listening to what the WT says. Just another example.

The paragraph about the director of the feast also seems to me to be a complete misrepresentation about what happened at that wedding. In reading the context, it seems this director of the feast was acting more like the catering manager than a chaperone. It doesn't seem that he was a volunteer to make sure that everyone behaved themselves and even compared the wine Jesus made to other weddings that he's been involved with. The assumption that he was a Christian is a very big stretch. He was likely a Jew since the Jews didn't hang out with Gentiles, but if he was hired, it could be possible that he wasn't even Jewish. And, that wasn't even the point of the passage anyway!!

I've personally been asked several times to serve in that capacity and always turned it down. By the way, we didn't have one for our wedding, the wordly DJ actually ran the receiption (GASP).

Blondie, enjoyed your review as always. In the past, I've tried to incorporate some of your comments into the study, but honestly I can't bring myself to comment anymore for fear of blowing up.

• sir82
    sir82

My wife & I agreed that the article was either written by (A) someone who has never been married or (B) someone who has endured a loveless, joyless marriage for at least 3 decades.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Taste and see how joyless and grey the world will be when these dust-farting reptiles are ruling the world for a thousand years.

HB

• daystar
    daystar
    6) At a social gathering, Christians may talk about various subjects, read some material aloud, or relate interesting experiences. If the conversation strays, the host can tactfully redirect it. He should also be alert that no one person dominates the conversation. If he sees that developing, he can judiciously speak up and provide for variety, perhaps by drawing out the young ones or introducing a subject that invites varied comments. Both young and old will be delighted with this aspect of the gathering. If, as the organizer, you guide matters wisely and tactfully, your `reasonableness will become known' to those present. (Philippians 4:5) They will sense that yours is a living faith, one that affects all phases of your life.

So, conduct your social party as if it were a book study. No wonder so many of us were so socially inept. No one ever does this sort of thing in the real world. People are tolerant of each other. I've never had a problem where one person dominates the conversation. We all just talk back and forth, goof off some, and generally enjoy each other's company.

Perhaps the article should have suggested a timer and buzzer system? "Ok, Brother Widower, your time is up. We care about your grief over your wife's death, but now we need to move on to Sister Gossipsalot."

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

So, conduct your social party as if it were a book study. No wonder so many of us were so socially inept. No one ever does this sort of thing in the real world. People are tolerant of each other. I've never had a problem where one person dominates the conversation. We all just talk back and forth, goof off some, and generally enjoy each other's company.

Perhaps the article should have suggested a timer and buzzer system? "Ok, Brother Widower, your time is up. We care about your grief over your wife's death, but now we need to move on to Sister Gossipsalot."

EXACTLY!! I took offense at that paragraph during the family study. I wanted to know, "Why did they even print this paragraph? It's a waste of space."

"Well son, some people really don't have a clue as to how to conduct a social situation. The FDS lovingly prints this information so as to better help people," was the response. ( GAGGG)

So I'm thinking, my mom is probably right. The r&f need to have this information printed for them, because GOD FORBID they read any fluff magazine like Cosmo, or a column like Miss Manners, or something else, to figure out the rules. God forbid they go to a "worldly" party to figure out how to host a social situation. Sheltered, naïve people need all the help they can get. But to print this out is just the "heighth of nit-pickery," which I also said during the study.

Really, all that paragraph is supposed to do is prevent any Evil 'Poztates from dominating the conversation and making people feel uncomfortable about the FDS class.

What was even more amusing were the looks on the face of the conductor when he heard my comment and the response of the cong.

Tell us then!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit