Stick to the Borg...Your Judas kids made their choice

by Midget-Sasquatch 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Who does get mention? The parent’s pain is described in excruciating adjectives; anxiety, betrayed, bitter, broken-hearted, disappointment, discourage, embarrassment, frustrated, guilt, humiliation, hurt (2), negative thoughts, overwhelmed, pain (2), self-reproach

Such manure. They are trying to make any child that is thinking about leaving feel guilty and stay because it would kill their parents.

On the flip side, it's ok for an ex-dub to feel like this because of the shunning that they do. "It's loving." What a joke!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    The closest I could find to the TEXT font (the header is different) is Baskerville Old Face.

The closest font I have to the text (more so than Baskerville Old Face) is Cambria.

Closest font for the heading that I have was Segoe Media Center Bold/Semibold but it's not a great match.

• blondie
    blondie

The real truth behind this article is that elders and their families are the biggest disregarders of the WTS saying they should not associate with df'd adult children. I know of at least 5 elders in this area that regularly call their children at work, visit them, even riding to work together and the other elders know. If the rank and file point it out, they are told to mind their own business, that the elders know, and that it is okay....but let the rank and file do the same and they'd be out the door.

Blondie

• luvbug2007
    luvbug2007

I really could not read all of this article. It really makes me sick that they are still pritning this crap and brainwashing people. It will never stop though, there will always be someone down in their luck who believe one of the dubs. Why do they think its such a bad thing for a child to leave home and "rebel" ..oh i know..its free thinking and we cant do that!

It really sick and sad that so many young ones drop out of school and dont go to college so the can do the door knocking thing. And the door knockers are getting presisitant in our area.

My aunt would not allow me to go college, she said that there was to much free thinking and too much wordly influence...And what does she want to do..Go back to college.

The jwdubs have a thing i call "Do as i say not as i do" Most of my cong. elders were drunks and slept around on their wives.

oh well..all we can do is put the "TRUTH" out there on the Org.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    there is literallly no usefull information, that could actually help,, just blithering on about rubbish,,

How true.

tsof

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

There is a beautiful article on the back page of the Aug.1 2002 Wt magazine entitled "A Lesson from the Stork". I have scanned it but I can't figure out how to post it here.

Here are some choice quotes:

"The Hebrew name for this large, long-legged wading bird is the feminine form of a word that means loyal one; one of loving-kindness."

"The stork's instinctive behaviour illustrates the quality of loyalty in other remarkable ways. Both male and female birds share in incubating the eggs and feeding the chicks."

"As parents, storks are exceptionally faithful...Indeed, by instinctively showing faithfulness to its lifelong mate and tender care for its young, the stork lives up to the meaning of its name--"loyal one".

"The Bible places a high value on loyalty that is motivated by love and kindness."

I would certainly feel free to use the remarkable stork as an example of how parents should remain loyal and faithful to their children, especially since we know that "The Bible places a high value on loyalty that is motivated by love and kindness."

Of course, I realize that the WT will twist their own words, and what they are really talking about is loyalty to the organization. However, the article never mentions the organization, just families. So, just tell your elders that you are obeying the magazine and taking a "lesson about loyalty from the stork."

• JapanBoy
    JapanBoy

This article is such fu*cking bullshi* it makes me sick. A side note doesn't the faithful dad look like the slipery latino [cuban] conman from the old Miami Vice series? Maybe he converted. K

• Mary
    Mary

Once again, they talk out both sides of their mouth. The January 15, 2007 article above tells you to basically cut your family members off without a moment's hesitation if they don't abide by the Borg's laundry list of violations:

The situation is different if the disfellowshipped one is not a minor and is living away from home. The apostle Paul admonished Christians in ancient Corinth "quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolator or a reviler or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man. While caring for necessary family matters may require some contact with the disfellowshipped person, a Christian parent should strive to avoid needless association.

When an erring child is disciplined by caring shepherds, it would be unwise if you were to reject or minimize their bible based action.Siding with your rebellious child would not be providing any real protection from the Devil.

But---when they're trying to deflect the criticism that they're a cult, they say just the opposite as is evident in this article taken from the Craptower's February 15, 1994 page 6 under the title: Are Jehovah's Witnesses a Cult?:

Cult members often isolate themselves from family, friends, and even society in general. Is that the case with Jehovah’s Witnesses? "I do not belong to Jehovah’s Witnesses," wrote a newsman in the Czech Republic. Yet he added: "It is obvious that they [Jehovah’s Witnesses] have tremendous moral strength . . . . They recognize governmental authorities but believe that only God’s Kingdom is capable of solving all human problems. But watch it—they are not fanatics. They are people who are absorbed in humanity."

And they do not live in communes, isolating themselves from relatives and others. Jehovah’s Witnesses recognize that it is their Scriptural responsibility to love and care for their families.

Once again, by their own words they condemn themselves. One article likes to portray how "loving" they are towards their families, yet the article in the 2007 article says just the opposite. One more nail in their hypocritical coffin.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

just like anything else that will eventually start going down with these people, if it hasn't started happening already, JW parents will start ignoring this advice, too. THAT's what this article is probably REALLY about. What you parents SHOULD BE DOING. Giving the parents a guilt trip. I would say roughly half of the parents I know with df'd kids still have communication that the watchtower would deem inappropriate.

ps that font makes me a little sick, too.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I believe this is the 3rd article in 18 months containing the same info.

Does anyone think that this might be a subtle shift toward shunning everyone who leaves no matter how they leave? Reading the article in the beginning, it speaks of those who 'leave' Jehovah...they use the disfellowshipping as the example later on. They must realize that the outside influence is coming not only from the internet, but from those who have simply faded and remain in contact with their families and what must they do to close that gap? Tighten the ranks- allow no outside influence in. sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit