Were You Ever In The Congregation Clique?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• done4good
    done4good

Funny, my "worldly" friends now could care less about such things and yet all the while I was "in" I thought just the opposite. it's amazing what you see once the blinders come off.

How true that statement is!

j

• Warlock
    Warlock

Besides, the only time they ever included me, was if they wanted me to do something for them

Delilah,

You must have been invited to all the baby showers, so you could bring a present, right?

Warlock

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Were You Ever In The Congregation Clique?

In a word - No.

Regards,

Jim TX

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

Nah. At first I thought I was during the initial lovebombing/honeymoon phase. Then it all went away, of course. It felt like I was supposed to continually earn my keep and work my a** off just to keep the sister's speaking to me. I didn't need their crumbs and started doing things by myself or just with my children. Towards the end, I was checking out FS territory and working it when I felt like it and many times alone. Didn't even meet at the hall sometimes with the group. Very un-theocratic of me! It was so much better than meeting with those cold sisters and carting their butts around when I knew they had not a care one for me as a person. But, I was occasionally invited to functions when a gift was expected. Once I was invited to a wedding but the reception card was intentionally left out of the envelope. Translation..give a gift but you can't taint our party with your unwholesome presence.

So glad I'm outa there and have normal friends now!

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

I started out in no clique, but eventually became part of the young cool fringe group. The odd thing was though that if you were part of this group, you also congregated with the young pioneers just at different times, wierd huh.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

No, I was not fit to belong to any clique or circle of friends. I was not a gossiping, backstabbing POS, and therefore did not qualify for membership in any of these elite groups.

W

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I suppose in a way I was.............but I rather stay on the fringes ........there is no privacy the other way.

I turned down more invites than I ever went to.

purps

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    Nah. At first I thought I was during the initial lovebombing/honeymoon phase. Then it all went away, of course. It felt like I was supposed to continually earn my keep and work my a** off just to keep the sister's speaking to me. I didn't need their crumbs and started doing things by myself or just with my children. Towards the end, I was checking out FS territory and working it when I felt like it and many times alone. Didn't even meet at the hall sometimes with the group. Very un-theocratic of me! It was so much better than meeting with those cold sisters and carting their butts around when I knew they had not a care one for me as a person. But, I was occasionally invited to functions when a gift was expected. Once I was invited to a wedding but the reception card was intentionally left out of the envelope. Translation..give a gift but you can't taint our party with your unwholesome presence.

That sounds too familiar!! I was a born-in but your experience souds much like my mom who is still in.. :(

• minimus
    minimus

Being in the wrong clique means you're fake and phony. But the right clique=you get to overdrink, gossip and party with the elite that never seem to get into trouble.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    But the right clique=you get to overdrink, gossip and party with the elite that never seem to get into trouble.

Yeah, but don't you have to have an elder dad to be in that club?

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit