I just saw a puppy get run over..Now I'm so sad :(

by FreedomFrog 11 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

I was taking my dogs out for their morning routine and my neighbor was out about the same time. These are little minature poodles and they have only had them for about a year. The two weren't on leashes and never had been and I always worried that the little guys would get hit. Well, today a white car comes speeding about 40 through our subdivision and runs over their male dog (Chewy). The other dog barely got away but my neighbor had to carry her limp dog back to her apartment. Not only that her husband starts yelling at her at the top of his lungs telling her that it is her fault. Ok, I agree, she should have had them on a leash, but he's had them out without a leash as well. I feel so bad for her. They have a little girl that is about 4 and she's a mess too. One thing that bugs me is people fly through here. There is a sign that says 15 for speed. The white car didn't even stop and help. There are kids that play on the street. I'm also in fear that one of the kids through here are going to get hit. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyway, I'm in a bad mood. I feel their pain as if it happened to one of my babies. I just wish there was something I can do to help them through their grief now.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

That's a bad thing to have to see.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

It sure it. The thing is, I know the husband is angry at her but he really needs to take her in his arms and cry with her. She's already feeling like sh*t the way it is. I can't understand people sometimes. When there is a situation that hurts both people that is when you need your best friend at that moment. I guess once you become married the friendship goes away. It's just sad to see this whole situation unfold like it did.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Freedom Frog,

That is a terrible thing to witness! This last summer my husband and I were in the car with our two kids when a dog not leashed suddenly ran right in front of us. We hit him but he ran away crying and we could not find him. We looked around for about and hour and my hubby notified the local police just in case someone's dog went home injured. He left our number but no one ever called.

So sad that the poor dog was killed. But what an insensitive husband for yelling at that poor lady! I think you are right that he was upset and sad too. Anger is usually the easiest emotion to show and sometimes we show anger when we are just sad or afraid.

Hope you feel better by talking about it. Lilly

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I saw a cat get hit when I was around 9 years old. My "best friend" made fun of me for crying over the dead cat. I'm glad to say he's no longer my best friend.

Watching an animal die right in front of you is difficult. It sucks even more when it's your own pet. I had a cat who was run over about 7 years ago. Last summer, for the first time in years, I went and visited the spot where I buried her. Really odd feeling, thinking about all the things that had happened since she was killed.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

• delilah
    delilah

I'm sorry, FreedomFrog...what a horrible thing to witness. I'll never forget the time, I was about 9 years old, and a speeding car hit a poodle, right in front of our house. We were outside playing, and saw it happen. That poor dog kept smashing it's head on the pavement...we were crying and screaming, and the driver never stopped. It very easily could have been one of us kids he'd hit. Mom dragged us inside and called the neighbour who owned the dog. The poor thing died a few minutes later.

I get so angry at people who drive like this, and never stop to even look at what they've hit. Maybe the lady should have had the dogs on a leash, but you still show common decency and stop.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

That is terrible. I had a weiner dog that was run over once. He was a bit of a dip, and would try to chase cars....so one day while I was walking him on a leash he got out of his collar and ran into the road. A van was right there and went right OVER him....Thank goodness he was small...he didn't get hit by it! I will tell you though, that whole little experience took about 5 yrs off my heart!

I would get them a pet condolance card....I think that would be a kind gesture. I hope your day gets better......poor Chewy!

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

Oh, how depressing. I'm so sorry you had to witness that. I agree with Megsmomma to send a pet condolence card.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No need to feel bad,you didn`t do it..I ran over a puppy once,had no choice.The owner went out on the road and did`nt have control of the little fellow.I couldn`t stop when he ran right in front of me..He was dead,that sucked.I apologised.Now that I think of it,the owner killed the dog...OUTLAW

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I had the unfortunate experience of running over a squirrel on my bike. I slowed down when I saw it ahead and then it darted to the left to get out of my way, so I continued going straight. Then at the last second it panicked and raced to the right, and I felt the bump. I stopped and got off the bike, and it ran whimpering into the bushes. I couldn't find it. But that whimpering sound was so horrible! I have no idea what happened to it, but I thought it likely died from its injuries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit