What was your final straw that broke your back in terms of doctrine?

by ukescott 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Doctrinally? John 10:16

The ident of other sheep not of this fold.

• inactive in jersey
    inactive in jersey

i saw the video 'witness of jehovah' and it showed all the false dates that they predicted in the early 1900's. as i was silently dealing with this, my study teacher and friend was disassociated for becoming a bapist. well everyone freaked out because i didn't and wouldn't stop being her friend. so i was out of there so fast.

• frozen one
    frozen one

When they tossed the 1914 generation under the bus, that was my straw.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    What absolutely sent me over the edge is the WT publication, 2003, LEARN FROM THE GREAT TEACHER. As a teacher, I am enraged at what the Society has allowed in that most horrid of childrens books.

Really? I haven't read the book, but now I'm curious about what's in it that is that bad (from a teacher's point of view)? (Aside from the general drivel that's in all of their publications.)

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

I keep a page I tore from the Learn from the Great Teacher book posted on my wall in my studio with a postit note saying "sweet dreams kids..." tacked onto it. The illustration shows terrified people running for their lives as Jesus and the angels rain fire and sulphur down on their heads. If I ever feel like I'm having doubts as to whether I made the right decision to leave, I just have to look up and remember that this organization is perfectly comfortable with the teaching that six billion people are going to be painfully executed, whilst the happy little dubbies dance around their bird-pecked carcasses.

FBF

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I had a lot of questions, and looking back, I can not say for sure what got me out and what made me seriously start asking questions. The twisted acknowledgement of the 1975 fiasco in the late 70's or early 80's probably got me willing to question-as they were proven to be questionable. The Alpha/Omega teaching regarding Jehovah/Jesus is what 'officially' caused me to leave, but at this point, had I still been in, the thing that would have done it for me is the blood issue. It is increasingly stupid, and while it was easy to just accept when I was a healthy kid, and the teaching was blanket "no blood", once they started with the fractions bit, it raises more questions that demand an answer. There are plenty of issues, but those are the ones that 'got' me.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Not so much any doctrine but the gross hypocrisy and lying by the Watchtower leaders, after I discovered and thoroughly researched how they got into bed with the UN for 10 years. I realised then that there is no way Jehovah is using the Watchtower entity as his channel for feeding spiritual food.

• earthly king
    earthly king

The leaders of the W.T.S. were imprisoned before the wild beast, the human league of nations ever came into existence. Also the fact that the whole world believes that the Jerusalem was destroyed in 587 B.C.E. and those at the W.T.S. believe it was destroyed in 607 B.C.E. Which date does all evidence written and in existence point to? I found that 587 B.C.E. was more accurate.

• 5go
    5go

disfellowshippng, despite the good samaritan thing.

• misguided
    misguided

To me... things just didn't add up. Not just one thing, many things. This is before I read COC or joined ex-jw websites. That just reaffirmed my deciscion.

One day I''m sitting at the KH and it hits. I'm studiously, passionately trying to make sense of things and realize that just are not going to ever make sense, because they don't make sense.

The lack of love and charity were big ones for me (being left by an elder's son 10 days before our 5th baby was born when our oldest was 5 1/2 - when he decided to move in with a woman from his work). The "world" was so more compassionate to me than those who I considered my "family".

Rose

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit