Any photographers here?

by SadElder 20 Replies latest jw friends

• SadElder
    SadElder

I've been shooting with a Canon Rebel XT for about a year and have acquired a few nice lenses. I've been thinking of moving up to a Canon 5D. Anyone here have experience with this camera?

I'm particularly interested in knowing if the 5D shoots RAW in the auto function modes as well as in the manual settings. The XT shoots RAW in the manual modes but jpeg in all the auto modes. Sometimes it's nice to just let the camera do the work, but I like to start with RAW files if at all possible.

No attacks from Nikon shooters please, I do shoot film with my two trusty old Nikons, but.....

Happy shooting all.

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

Pro photog here. I am a FujiPro and Nikon gal, so can't help you. But I wanted to tell you that the 5D is getting a lot of Nikon photogs to switch to Canon. You're not alone.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

From what I hear it is a great tool. Full Frame and a proffessional weathered body. Had to ask my roommate. So I am quoting him. Personally I am on a get well vacation from my camera and I am really missing it. I do have a project underway and as soon as I gather it by March I got a call last night to see if I had anything for a gallery showing. I have the best idea and I am ready to go.

My goal is to slow down and plan this out. So we will see.

I have Canon. I like Nikon...But I LOVE my camera.

• My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
  • SadElder
    SadElder

Here is a little sample of some of the things I've been working on:

http://picasaweb.google.com/canonpix

Thanks for the quick info - Rebirth, Sparkplug, and MYMils

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Be aware that if you've bought any S series lenses, they won't work on the 5D.

• My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW

Great job with the nature shots! South Florida?

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

What is this 'digital' thing you speak of? REAL photography is done on film!! *sigh*. I still love the smell of my darkroom and I use a Mamiya 645 a lot.

The best site on digital gear is 'dpreview'. Absolutely exhaustive in it's testing.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

BTW, unless you're trading up to get substantially more MP's or a bigger sensor area, I would be more inclined to spend my money or the best quality lenses you can afford, especially if it's a zoom.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Great pics SadElder,

Pics like that, at times, makes me want to move south.

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit