Paradise - I Think I'll Pass........

by Black Man 24 Replies latest jw friends

• bigboi
    bigboi

LMAO@Six- You sir are a damn shame!!!!!

I can't imagine living forever it's beyond me. I've tried to think about it but EVERYTHING comes to an end eventually and this is something that I believed based totally on faith. There is nothing in the universe to support this particular belief except a person's faith. Especially in the modern age because we now know that all things die, even stars and many things that awed man by their seeming immortality.

ONE....

bigboi

Murder is a tough thing to digest. It's a slow process and the WTBTS's got nuthin but time.

• gambler
    gambler

I agree with seeker on this one.I think if you ask someone if they would like to live forever they would say Yes.But if you really start to think about eternity it starts to get boring and old.Even the most enjoyable experiance can get repetitive, just imagine it forever and ever.I mean come on ,lots of people get bored with life with only a few decades under there belt,let alone the prospect of eternity.I think after a gogal of a trillion years alot of people would crack and comit suiside.Any star trek fans here.Remember the voyager episode that tackled this isue.The omnipotant Q that wanted to commit suiside because he had done everything that could be done.A god that got bored with existance.A very good episode.

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

While most JW's I know won't offically comment on the paradise, as "speculation" on anything not mentioned outright in the Bible is discouraged, there are a multitude of opinions on space exploration (many believe that will happen, some even speculate that we might colonize other planets), electricity (many believe there will be some sort of power, just cleaner), and the issue of clothing (will we or won't we?).

I think most JWs do exercise their imaginations in this respect...but only share it with their closest, most trusted friends for fear of being accused of speculating, which is the first step to apostasy.

-----------------------

• crownboy
    crownboy
    there are a multitude of opinions on ...the issue of clothing (will we or won't we?).

The society should adopt this policy on the pictures they show in the publications.

Go therefore and baptize the people in the name of the father and of the son... what the hell, we just need to bring up the yearbook numbers!

• Black Man
    Black Man

The Society should just humbly admit that THEY DON'T KNOW all these particulars instead of making them up as they go along. Their details could easily be crafted into comic-book stories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit