Paradise - I Think I'll Pass........

by Black Man 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Man
    Black Man

One thing that has always kinda ticked me off with the Society depiction of paradise, is the completely bland, devoid of personality, STEPFORD WIVES-ISH look given to paradise pics in the publications over the years. Peeps walkin' around smilin' for no reason, no attention given to a cultivation of technology, the arts, space exploration. There never seemed to be any point to paradise. Peeps walkin' around cultivating the earth wearing stereotypical clothes and garb of their country...like programmed robots. It always seemed so boring and pointless....and this was to be forever?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Hater!

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

Not to mention all the fruits and vegetables, day in and day out. Someone get me a steakburger!

Penn

Mohammed- 'My teachings lead to the attainment of truth'
    Buddha- 'The truth has been revealed to me'
    Jesus- 'I am the truth'

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Hater!

• Jeremy Bravo
    Jeremy Bravo

I remember when I was studying, the guy running the studies asked me what I wanted to do in the new system...

"I wanna build a spaceship!! Go explore the universe."

He was kinda put off by this. He said it would be dangerous and that god wouldn't help me if I put myself in danger. It seems they don't mention spaceships in the bible, so they must be bad.

In fact, the JW concept of paradise bores me. I get bored on Saturday afternoons if I don't work; imagine an eternity on this world!! Once I've explored every nook and cranny a million times, then what? Explore it again?

Jer.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Hater!

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Don't playa hate. PARTICIPATE!

• Seeker
    Seeker
    In fact, the JW concept of paradise bores me. I get bored on Saturday afternoons if I don't work; imagine an eternity on this world!! Once I've explored every nook and cranny a million times, then what? Explore it again?

Indeed, I agree completely. I once posted on H2O a proof that the JW concept of paradise was deeply flawed, and it goes like your reasoning above. COMF disagreed with what I said, and I respect his view while thinking he is wrong. Here is basically what I said:

Let us assume that in the New System we are allowed to explore the entire universe. Wow! Quadrilliions and quintillions of stars and planets to explore! Guess what? You'll still get sick of it. If someone made your favorite meal, say a steak just the way you like it, you'd enjoy it, right? What if you had it two days in a row? Still good, right? A week in a row? Um, yeah, OK. A month in a row? Well, a little variety would be nice. A year in a row? You'd probably want a break from steak.

OK, now imagine eternity. Eternity is never-ending. So let's say you decide to spend one trillion years studying one subatomic element from one atom from one tiny speck of the universe. Get that? That's one trillion years just studying one part of one atom. I think you'd get the idea of that subatomic element after a while. In fact, think of it this way: an earthworm is made up of atoms, right? So you spend one trillion years studying one subatomic element from one atom from this one earthworm. Then you spend another trillion years studying the next subatomic element from that same atom in that same earthworm. Keep at it, one trillion years at a time, one subatomic element at a time, until you have covered the millions of atoms that make up that one earthworm.

Now move on to the next earthworm, and the dirt under him, and the meadow that has the dirt, and the countryside that has the meadow, and the continent that has the countryside, and the planet that has the continent, and the solar system that has the planet, and the galaxy that has the solar system, and the galactic cluster that has the galaxy, and so on until you have one trillion years studying every subatomic element of every atom throughout the entire universe.

Now go back and repeat that entire process two hundred quadrillion times.

When you are done, you have spent one day of eternity. Repeat.

Do you think after a while you would get to know everything there is to know about everything in the universe? Of course! Humanity has spent at most a few thousand years studying some things. I'm talking about spending a trillion, trillion, trillion years repeatedly studying everything imaginable on such an in-depth level there is nothing left to figure out. Then doing it again, and again, and again. We're not talking about getting tired of steak here. We're talking about knowing each atom of every steak in the universe.

That's eternity. Actually, that's just the very beginning of eternity. Those JWs who long for eternity don't know what they are wishing for.

• julien
    julien

Seeker, how are you going to find an earthworm that lives 1 trillion years? Your point is moot. JEHOVAH WINS!!! HURRAY FOR THE TROOT!

• Black Man
    Black Man

And another thing that never computed was the supposed change back to speaking the original Hebrew language. WHY? If english was the dominant language used to re-establish christianity why change it?

Also, the concept of death still puzzles in this environment. What happens in the case of a freak accident? You accidentally fall off a building or cliff or something. You wouldn't die from that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit