Blood fractions insert covered in tonight's service meeting

by becca1 22 Replies latest jw friends

• becca1
    becca1

For those still "in", how did this part go over in your congregation? We actually had a brother raise his hand and comment that he could not explain to a doctor why we allow fractions and obey the command of Levitucus to pour blood out on the ground. I wonder how many others felt the same but did not have the never to comment openly?

• becca1
    becca1

Oh, and the opening song for the service meeting was "The Light gets Brighter".

• Jourles
    Jourles
    We actually had a brother raise his hand and comment that he could not explain to a doctor why we allow fractions and obey the command of Levitucus to pour blood out on the ground.

Sounds like someone will be getting a quick talk in the back room or a "shepherding call" soon...

• blondie
    blondie
    We actually had a brother raise his hand and comment that he could not explain to a doctor why we allow fractions and obey the command of Levitucus to pour blood out on the ground.

An excellent point to bring up to JWs. Blood fractions are made from stored blood. So if blood was poured out as the WTS says the bible says, there would be no fractions for JWs to decide about.

I wonder if he came up with this idea himself or he has been reading on the internet?

Blondie

• becca1
    becca1

He's about 80 years old, I don't see him on the internet...

• blondie
    blondie

That is another possible way: oldtimers who have heard the concept of pouring out the blood many, many times, find it hard to reconcile it with blood fractions made out of expired stored blood. I can see why the WTS will have to wait till this generation dies off before it makes a complete switch to the use of blood in all its parts (whole blood is not used any more).

• becca1
    becca1

You're probably right Blondie. My dad (an 83 year old elder) says he won't accept any fractions. However, he won't openly agree with me that the whole concept is ridiculous. He can exercise his own conscience in the matter but can't bring himself to admit the Society is wrong.

• blondie
    blondie

becca, it reminds me of the oldtimers pre-1950 and the issue of vaccinations. Even when it changed the oldtimers hung on. A few of their children persisted, but now it is rare to find a JW that will not have a vaccination for religious reasons.

Many times the WTS just lets an old doctrine die out with one generation (smile) rather than make a big deal about it. They will even imply that the new way was really the old way all along and that individual JWs just misunderstood.

Blondie

• Highlander
    Highlander
    You're probably right Blondie. My dad (an 83 year old elder) says he won't accept any fractions. However, he won't openly agree with me that the whole concept is ridiculous. He can exercise his own conscience in the matter but can't bring himself to admit the Society is wrong.

That's exactly the way my wife thinks. When I asked her to research her personal view of the blood doctrine after explaining the idiocy of what is currently taught, she stated she wouldn't accept any fractions and refused to discuss or admit that the current view is hypocritical.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

The good thing in all this is that these idiotic decisions and rulings are allowing more and more to wake up from their wt-induced stupor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit