Racism in the Jehovah Witness Watchtower

by fokyc 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anitar
    Anitar

What the hell is this?

Jehovah is no respecter of persons. Neither are his people. But the world in which we live is.

So let me get this straight. We're supposed to believe that worldly people are the slaves of Satan because they believe in equality for all and since found segregation to be illegal. Furthermore, Jehovah and the JW's are superior to us because they believe in the inferiority of blacks and hispanics?

So I suppose Martin Luther King was the servant of Satan and Judge Rutherford was Jehovah's chosen disciple? Please. These people would feel right at home with the Nazis.

I'm literally speechless...

Anitar

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It was brought out in my Golden Age Goodies thread that once the Society name-dropped the Ku Klux Klan (in the 11 October 1933 Golden Age, p. 4), quoting with approval a KKK newspaper that praised Rutherford for his anti-Catholicism.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Oh come now,the watchtower doesn't discriminate against those whom they defraud they'll take anybody's money

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I'm suprised at ya'll puttin down the jw attitude - I've no doubt that I have read a wt publication talkin' about how pleasant and 'teachable' they believe the coloured folk are.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Well, racism can go both ways.

I remember a nervy black elder who had a son whose behavior was appalling. Any young white brother who acted as he did would have been counseled. And also what about using the podium as your personal platform to rag on people in the audience?

The white people in the congregation (or anybody else, for that matter) are not there to be harangued for what the "world" or society in general has done.

LHG

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Well, racism can go both ways.

And sideways, and frontways, and backways, and ...

• nelly136
    nelly136

i thought everyone was equal no matter what colour too till my now oldest jw stepsister wanted to date a 'black brother'

her elder father went right into one over it and all hell broke loose,... unevenly yoked, ....stumbling to others, needless to say she was taught the error of her ways for even considering such a thing.

i came home with a few more of my glass house windows shattered.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit