The news I've been waiting almost 12 years to hear

by Jesus Christ 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Confession
    Confession
    It's hard for me to imagine that most people in the US are espousing values taught by Hinduism etc. because they're not aware of them to begin with.

Right. I was bringing up the Hindu/Islam/Jainism positions (and that of many psychologists) to try and demonstrate that the concept of forgiveness has been espoused pretty much universally.

The way to get around those 2 things is to work toward acceptance. Acceptance is what is necessary for our own health, not forgiveness.

That sounds like that might just do the trick. "Accepting" what you can't change or fix is, I guess, also a way of "letting it go." For me, forgiveness (where possible for a person) not only helps someone get past a burdensome conflict, but also empowers them. I suppose the area of concern is that "forgiving" very freely might send a message that what the detractor did was not all that bad after all. It could belittle the terrible thing(s) they've done. I wouldn't blame a person for being concerned about this.

• acadian
    acadian

Finding joy in another's suffering is sick, and the fact you've been waiting 12 yrs for this is even sicker! Very sad indeed.

I can't think of a better person to die like this. It actually kind of disturbs me that I'm taking so much pleasure in another person's pain, suffering, and eventual death but I can't help it. I'm ecstatic.
    I think it's wonderful that my sister hates so much about the org and she's beginning to see the truth about everything. I also am happy about that creature's slow and embarrassing demise. Tonight really is a good night to be me.

Like I said, SICK! Are you any better than him? your words speak volumes. If only you could follow the example of the one whose name you use... Peace Acadian

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Sometimes the avenge (karma) that we have been waiting for all of our lives, when it is fulfilled and the price is paid, is not as sweet as we thought it would be. You must have had a lot of hate in your heart for this person to not feel sorry for the person when they are dying. I hope (and i don't say this with ANY judgment at all upon your character or motives) that the active thought of him lying in pain and dying was enough to put an end to the power he has had in your life for all these years. I hope that you achieve serenity and peace as a result.

CG

• acadian
    acadian

JC, don't get me wrong, I understand, you went through a lot of pain ( your word's: "there was one elder that made my life, as well as my sister's life a pure, living hell.") But when I got to the bottom of your post I was very disturb by how you felt toward that man, your words "I'm ecstatic."...(refering to his condition) "I also am happy about that creature's slow and embarrassing demise. Tonight really is a good night to be me." I understand your feelings, but I was a bit shocked at what you wrote about someone else's suffering. And as Country girl said,

I hope (and i don't say this with ANY judgment at all upon your character or motives) that the active thought of him lying in pain and dying was enough to put an end to the power he has had in your life for all these years. I hope that you achieve serenity and peace as a result.

These are my feeling's also, I'm not attacking you or your character only feeling's you have toward that man, and I have the same hope for you as C.G. has. The WTS has hurt many and continue to do so, I in no way meant to belittle your pain, only that I hope one day you'll be able to put it behind you and get on to a properous life, one based on love not hate. Peace Acadian

• rebel8
    rebel8

lovelylil or anyone really--

I used to actually teach a class on forgiveness vs. acceptance in the psychiatric hospital I worked at, and I was trying to condense an hour long discourse into a short post here so I could get back to work. I don't think I was able to express it w/o sounding abrupt.

Plus Mr. Rebel8 had a death in his family yesterday, and although I wasn't close to her, she was a very nice lady and I am pretty darn cranky right now! Of all the hideous people I've met in life, I seriously wish one of them would have been the one to die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit