Have you ever..................................?

by Outaservice 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Have any of you ex-JW's ever been bitten by a dog out in the Service? Have you ever found yourself in any other dangerous stiuation? Being shot at, beat up, attacked by a naked lady, psychopath demonized person, or..........................?????

Outaservice (who got chased by a goose once)

• serendipity
    serendipity

Mom and I were threatened by a rifle-toting Pentecostal. We made note of him for the territory card.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Have I ever?

No I never.

Outoftheorg

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

All the above. I served where the need was great and it was in the bible belt, those people are serious about their stuff and their premises. They usually have rebel flags in the back of their trucks, along w/ racks for their rifles and a mean dog (and often times more than just one). Let me assure you, you need to take them seriously and stay the f*@% off their property otherwise they will fill your backside w/ bullets.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Never as a JW ( always avoided bad dogs etc.) but working for the government as a census taker I ran into some pretty scary situations! Most were furious humans ready to kill me!

r.

• juni
    juni

I had an old coot poke me in the chest once at the door. He was angry that we were there. I slapped his hand away and told him NEVER to do that again. Then I wrapped it up and left.

Juni

• hambeak
    hambeak

Only experience I had was some ugly old gal trying to shout at me and her dentures flew out of her mouth and I stepped on them on the way out. I broke them in 1/2 and I just kept on going laughing all the way.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Once when I was a teenager (40+ years ago) we pulled up to a house kind of in the country that had a very large yard. Everything was quiet and it did not look like anyone was home. I went up to the front door and knocked and a HUGE - MEAN dog came tearing around the house like he was going to eat me up. I couldn't get off the porch back to the car. . . . I stood there shaking & trying to figure out what to do when the homeowner came around the side of the house. He took the dog by the collar and was praising him for being such a good dog while I got back to the car. It made me mad at the time. I didn't want to be there and apparently he didn't want me there either. I now see his side much better than I did when I was trapped on that porch.

• garybuss
    garybuss

My uncle took a live chicken one time working unassigned territory and we were a half day from home in the 50's with six of us packed in a 1953 Chevy sedan with no air conditioning. By the time we rode that chicken a couple hours it was like really pissed off and it started to peck at everything near it and it pecked my aunt on her neck and that pissed her off.

That was when my brother and I were taught that the chicken's beak is called it's pecker.

One time we came home from service with six boxes of jello, two dozen red eggs and a rabbit. Nobody where we went had any money. We traded "stuff" for books and magazines every week. We were taught how to close and trade at the service meeting on Thursday night.

• RR
    RR

Yep .... living in da bronx, I've had guns pointed at me, threatened, naked women AND men come to the door, you name it ....

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit