Is evolution a fact or theory?

by sleepy 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Warren
    Warren

Deleted

• Warren
    Warren

Rem>>Not sure I understood what you meant on that last post. I'm also not sure why you mentioned Abiogenesis when we've been discussing Evolution all this time. Evolution and Abiogenesis are completely separate theories. One does not rely upon the other.

Sorry. Let me clarify. My main argument is not against evolution per se but againt the supposed mechanism behind evolution, the blind watchmaker.

My position includes a tentative inference to ID behind the original cells that were deposited on this earth. I don't rule out further instances of intelligent intervention, but I have not really looked into things such as the origin of multicellularity, body plans, etc. An ID inference for the origin of life, however, allows me to think about evolution in a different light. That is, if indeed life was designed, there is no a priori reason to exclude ID as a possible mechanism behind some later aspect of evolution. Once the ID genie is out of the bottle the privileged status of the blind watchmaker in evolution no longer exists. The blind watchmaker explanation must now compete against intelligent watchmaker models - that is the significance of ID behind the OOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit