DOES MONEY BUY HAPPINESS?

by Mary 39 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

You need a minimum of money to survive but I don't think it buys happiness. You either are a happy person or you're not. Health is just as important as money if not more.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Hell, yeah, it buys happiness. Stress can steal happiness. I'd rather not have to worry about money then continue be a 'working poor' person forever.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Having enough money so as not to worry about getting into debt certainly makes me happy. I doubt becoming super - rich would make me any happier.

• acadian
    acadian

JH said:

You need a minimum of money to survive but I don't think it buys happiness. You either are a happy person or you're not.

I agree, if your not happy before having money, you won't be after. It's a help though. Acadian

• Masterji
    Masterji

Money doesn't buy happiness. Money buys away unhappiness.

M

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

garybuss said:

I've decided anybody who says money won't buy happiness doesn't know where to shop. If money won't buy happiness, it can sure make the reactive depressions shorter.

I've tried life without money and with, and I'll take "with" every time.

purplesofa said:

It sure makes life alot easier.

If I had alot of money i would be very very happy.

I could take care of so many things and give things that I

want to my kids. I probably could relax some too.

I lean their way. Money by itself does not make you happy. There are plenty of rich miserable people. But money removes many obstacles to happiness, money distracts those who have some problems finding happiness.
    It's difficult to be happy before you have decent food, clothing, and shelter. It's still difficult after you have these if you are worried about paying for them. Add health concerns and the future of your children in- money again removes many obstacles to happiness.

That said, can money find you love? Well, the poor working stiff has no time or energy to go looking, even if it's under his nose, he has too much to worry about to notice it.
    Can money provide health? It goes a long way, yes to some degree.
    Can money bring you friends? See "love" above. Also, you can treat your true friends a certain way, tightening those bonds.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Money buys away unhappiness

I agree. Money can buy away unhappiness by changing certain situations in life.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Poverty takes up too much of your time. Money could buy me happiness.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Money doesn't buy happiness. It can only rent it.

• delilah
    delilah

I would be the same person, with money, as I am without money. I'm a happy person, and I don't need to be spending and buying, to make me happy. Having lots of cash would be nice though, so I wouldn't have to save every dime to make ends meet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit