Your Word Is a Lamp to My Foot--PDF!

by Atlantis 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

Thanks for the link.

Was the request to destroy old copies ever in print; km, letter to boe?

bczar

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

To the contrary! The 1957 Watchtower encouraged Jehovah's Witnesses to read and study the older publications. However, when they do this and start asking questions as to why there have been changes, then they begin to be judged as a "marked" person in the congregation. The Watchtower just wants Jehovah's Witnesses to accept whatever comes out of the mouth of the "faithful and discrete slave class" without questioning and no matter what was said in the past! http://www.freeminds.org/sales/wtreadolderbooks.htm

Why you should encourage Jehovah's Witnesses to read their older literature!
    Use this in your witnessing to Witnesses!

Watchtower May 15, 1957 pp.313-315 Appreciating Basic Christian Publications:
    …Their zeal for knowledge may even prompt them to dig back into things that were published long before they came into the truth, expanding and deepening their understanding, and ever growing in Christian maturity. Do you dig into our older publications to expand and deepen your knowledge on subjects about which questions arise? Have you really studied these earlier publications? ... How is your background of knowledge? ... Never think: "Oh, I know most of that." For you will find, indeed, that you do not and that you will be strengthened by your additional study.... once you have completed your study of them you can then look to even older publications.... Only by studying earlier publications and digging back through previous issues of The Watchtower kept in the library at your local Kingdom Hall. There is much in the way of spiritual riches and aid toward mature knowledge in these earlier publications, and their study is most certainly worth your time.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

You are awesome with these PDFs.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Woodsman:

Thanks Woodsman!

Tweety picture no.0168

Cheers! Atlantis-

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanx Atlantis!

Re the art work, such as it was in those days: there are two errors in drawing that I remember. Can you find them?

1) the backside of a maned lion, by which a little girl is standing, is disproportionately rendered.

2) A beardless Jesus is reading from the scrolls to the Jews in the synagogue. Notice missing railing either on the podium or lectern.

At Bethel I made corrections in various publications but had nothing to do with this book. They may have corrected what I have pointed out to you, but in the first printing the errors were there, as I recall.

Remembering more,

Compound-Complex

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Compound Complex:

So you were able to see many errors in Watchtower literature. Wonderful!

How about the "Johnny Walker Red" errors? Did you ever catch any of those?

http://www.bibletopics.com/biblestudy/86.htm

Cheers! Atlantis-

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx again, Atlantis, for the scans.

I recall the Lamp book, and had a copy for many years [decades I suppose now], but have discarded so much of the stuff that I doubt I have it any longer - except in digital, thanx to you.

I was unaware of the Johhny Walker coverup. Thanx for the link.

Jeff

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hello Atlantis,

Once again, I thank you for this wonderful thread and its special meaning to me. Yes, I am aware of JOHNNY---only one of many cases of alleged ignorance or coincidence. The WT has taken their deceitful manipulations to a higher level of "art-form". And then, they publicly castigate those who see through their blatant lies. A friend was recently DFd for not backing down on his insistence that there is something going on "behind the scenes", i.e., textually and pictorially in WT publications.

My work at Bethel was many years ago; I was a wordsmith-technician whose innocence and trust had not yet been sullied. I was totally aware of any subterfuge. Illustrations at that time were most primitive, barely conveying anything superlative in a spiritual sense. No wonder they began "borrowing" sophisticated, secular art. It has surely put the WT on the map.

Till the next time,

Compound-Complex

• compound complex
    compound complex

Correction:

"I was totally UNaware of any subterfuge". Makes more sense that way, I believe. Sometimes our corrections only led to more goofs. That's why we had to allow for:

Errata Data Tipped In----------(love how that sounds!)

CoCo Corrected!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit