Are You a Latitudinarian? (Liberal)

by compound complex 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

In unity, not uniformity,

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

In many things I am liberal, I find it to be more peaceful than walking around with anger because I am juding. I figure, were all spirits here having human experiences

• Namasti
    Namasti

Reading the comments above was so great to see that so many have discovered as I have ---the beauty of having the freedom to thing on our own, form our own conclutions and accept people for who they are . What a wonderful thing, truly liberating. Enjoy the ride.

• compound complex
    compound complex

"Free thought, especially in RELIGIOUS matters...."

Freedom of thought in religion---unheard of in the denomination that has gone all the way to the Supreme Court to fight for religious liberty---but for whom?

Thank you, Friends, for all your liberating points of view!

Free again,

CoCo

• Carmel
    Carmel

Confession,

Any more the terms "liberal" and "conservative" in the political realm, have become pretty meaningless. Over my life time I've seen both parties grow government beyond any semblence of necessity. Fiscal responsibility has become a laughing stock by both Asses and Elephants. Both will use the race card, will fear monger, and lie through there teeth to gain and retain power. Neither has the book on morality, ethics or guile. What is presently associated with "liberals" a few decades ago would be unheard of. I'd say your ideas are closer to libertarian than liberal.b

I look back on the many hundreds of hours spent in Political Science classes and realize the American system is as corrupt as any other. It does its thing more subtly than others, but the end result is the same, get power by what ever means at hand and retain it as long as possible regardless what the consequences are to the body politic.

Carmel

• Confession
    Confession
    Over my life time I've seen both parties grow government beyond any semblence of necessity.

You got that right, Carmel. I'm convinced that Republicans used to be for smaller government, but for many years now that concept seems to have been hopelessly lost.

I'd say your ideas are closer to libertarian than liberal.

Exactamundo. When I registered to vote for the first time, I spent some time to assess my thoughts. I came away feeling that Libertarians best represented my positions. But I would still suggest that Libertarians are very "liberal" in many ways. I just pulled this paragraph from the official platform of the party (found at www.lp.org)

Consequently, we defend each person's right to engage in any activity that is peaceful and honest, and welcome the diversity that freedom brings. The world we seek to build is one where individuals are free to follow their own dreams in their own ways, without interference from government or any authoritarian power.
  • hambeak
    hambeak

Coco After talking to you on the phone you are one of the most settled people and loving and open people on this planet. I know you will be so happy if you let yourself open up to others and let them see your beautiful light.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Coco After talking to you on the phone you are one of the most settled people and loving and open people on this planet. I know you will be so happy if you let yourself open up to others and let them see your beautiful light.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit