Catalogue of WBTS actual lies; please help!!!!

by yesidid 15 Replies latest jw friends

• yesidid
    yesidid

A link given by someone on the board

(whom I can’t find but would like to thank)

opened an article by Leonard R. Miller

about Watchtower lies.

http://users.oeccwildblue.com/millerlr/DearMother.pdf

In one very powerful line he said:

There are honest mistakes – but never honest lies.

Mr. Miller used the example of the cover-up after the1925

fiasco. Another example would be their continuing lie that

they were expecting Jesus to return in 1914, when we know,

that from 1879 to at least 1929 they were teaching that

Jesus had already returned in 1874.

I have documented 16 instances in the past sixty years

where they have repeated that lie. So it's not an honest

one-off mistake, it is a deliberate lie.

What I would like to do is catalogue as many of their

deliberate lies as possible. (I may need them for family).

Would you please help me? Can you think of other

instances where they have deliberately lied.

We would need quotes from their literature to prove our points.

When completed, I will collate them and put them in a single

post for us all to use.

Thank you for reading this and for contributing if you can.

yesidid

• blondie
    blondie

yesidid, I am not at home but look up "consistently" on the WT-CD and find the quote in a 1993 WT that says they have consistently taught that Jesus presence began in 1914.

Blondie

• DocBob
    DocBob

Here's one - In the 8/15/1993 Watchtower, page 9, in the article " Why You Need to Attend Christian Meetings", the Watchtower made the following statement:

" Jehovah's Witnesses have consistently shown from the Scriptures that the year 1914 marked the beginning of this world's time of the end and that "the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men" has drawn near."

An examination of older Watchtower publications shows that Jehovah's Witnesses (or Bible Students as they were previously known) did have NOT "consistently shown from the Scriptures that the year 1914 marked the beginning of this world's time of the end..." Rather, the Watchtower pointed to another date for the beginning of the "time of the end."

In the "Finished Mystery" book, on page 239, the WTS says:

"This is without question a fulfilment of the prophecy testifying to the "time of the end." These physical facts can not be disputed and are sufficient to convince any reasonable mind that we have been in the "time of the end" since 1799."

Also, from the March 1, 1922 Watch Tower:

" The indisputable facts, therefore, show that the "time of the end" began in 1799; that the Lord's second presence began in 1874."

The book "Creation," published by the WTS in 1927 has a very detailed explanation as to why they felt 1799 was the beginning of the time of the end. Here are a few quotes.

Creation

, page 293:

"Napoleon began this Egyptian campaign in 1798, finished it, and then returned t.o France on October 1, 1799. The campaign is briefly, yet graphically, described in the prophecy, verses 40-44; and its being completed in 1799 marks, according to the prophet’s own words, the beginning of "the time of the end".

Creation,

page 294

"Twelve hundred and sixty years from 539 A. D. brings us to 1799, which is another proof that 1799 definitely marks the beginning of "the time of the end ".

Creation

, page 295

From shortly after 1799, the date of the beginning of "the time of the end", we should expect to find an increase of knowledge, particularly with reference to the Bible.

Going back just a few years to 1921, in the book "The Harp of God" says on page 236:

"The time of the end" embraces a period from 1799 A.D., as above indicated, to the time of the complete overthrow of Satan's empire and the establishment of the kingdom of the Messiah. The time of the Lord's second presence dates from 1874, as above stated. The latter period is within the first named, of course, and in the latter part of the period known as "the time of the end."

I can't believe that anyone who was writing for the Watchtower on 1993 was ignorant of the previous teaching.

• imfreeimfree
    imfreeimfree

Hi yesidid,

Now let me see if I got this right. You have a lot of info

where they lied about their expecting Jesus return in 1914.

What you are looking for is where they lied about other things is it?

It seems you have the "return of Jesus expected in 1914"

lie covered. Am I correct there?

I’ll do some research.

David

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

"Scriptural" requirements for baptism. Of the many in Chapter 18 of the Bible Teach book, and the "regular meeting attendance" requirement that they didn't technically specify, only "repentance and conversion" are Bible based requirements for Christian baptism.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Credit goes to Blondie and Doc Bob

Here's one - In the 8/15/1993 Watchtower, page 9, in the article " Why You Need to Attend Christian Meetings", the Watchtower made the following statement:

" Jehovah's Witnesses have consistently shown from the Scriptures that the year 1914 marked the beginning of this world's time of the end and that "the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men" has drawn near."

Scan:

http://x5.freeshare.us/view/?125fs139554.jpg

Let me know if you need more scans!

Cheers! Atlantis-

• chappy
    chappy

One of the most obvious is their removal of the mast head in the pre-year2000 Awake magazines stating Gods Promise to establish the New World Order before the end of the 20th century. Even worse is that it was done without comment from headquarters. Guess they thought/hoped no one would notice.

chappy

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

I am looking forward to your compiled list, YesIdid. I feel this is the single most powerful weapon to discourage anyone thinking of becoming a JW. It is also the greatest non-subjective way to prove to a JW that their religion is indeed based on falsehood . Their very own premier document to dispense "truth", the Watchtower, says, "A religion that teaches lies cannot be true." December 1, 1991, p7.

That is one of their teachings which I can now subscribe to but remember, they said it. In my opinion all it takes is one instance of a lie to substantiate that statement. Any more than that is gravy and that's what this thread is about. I, of course, applaud that, YesIdid.

Here's a link to a list of several more lies. Forgive, please if they are redundant and already mentioned.

http://www.xjw.com/1914lies.html

Leonard R. Miller, aka Fatfreek

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I think one of the biggest lies of the wt is their profound intellectual dishonesty regarding whether they are claiming to be a prophet or not. They refuse to take either side of the issue while claiming the benefits of both. They are mentally and emotionally abusive and then claim that they are motivated by love. They make grandiose claims and then condemn all that don't accept these "prophetic words" as true while insisting that they are not inspired of god.

• binadub
    binadub

You might find this article interesting. It quotes more recent Watchtower Society literature where the writer(s) are either lying or are inexcusably ignorant of the WTS's doctrinal history.

http://www.xjw.com/1914lies.html

~Ros

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit