.....another Watchtower contradiction.

by gumby 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

Far be it from the Jehovah's Witnesses to talk out of both sides of their mouth.

Far be it from Jehovah's Witnesses to doublespeak.

Below is a perfect example of how Gods chosen channel of truth has evidently forgotten what they previously stated in the "Watchtower" which is their gods own publication for dispensing bible based truths to mankind.

"At times explanations given by Jehovah's visible organization have shown adjustments, seemingly to previous points of view. But this has not actually been the case. This might be compared to what is known in navigational circles as "tacking." By maneuvering the sails the sailors can cause a ship to go from right to left, back and forth, but all the time making progress toward their destination"... -- The Watchtower December 1, 1981, page 27

"TO SUCCEED IN THE RACE FOR LIFE" "not on a zigzag course" -- The Watchtower, August 1, 1992, p. 17 says:

"Seeing the strenuous efforts needed to succeed in the race for life, Paul went on to say: "Therefore, the way I am running is not uncertainlyÉ" (1 Corinthians 9:26) ...Hence, to run "not uncertainly" means that to every observer it should be very evident where the runner is heading. The Anchor Bible renders it "not on a zigzag course." If you saw a set of footprints that meanders up and down the beach, circles around now and then, and even goes backward at times, you would hardly think the person was running at all, let alone that he had any idea where he was heading. But if you saw a set of footprints that form a long, straight line, each footprint ahead of the previous one and all evenly spaced, you would conclude that the footprints belong to one who knows exactly where he is going".

Anyone see a contradiction here?

Gumfused

• Neo
    Neo

Spot on!

I can't help thinking of the following scripture:

(Ephesians 4:14) in order that we should no longer be babes, tossed about as by waves and carried hither and thither by every wind of teaching by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in contriving error.
  • Outaservice
    Outaservice

You're not suppose to remember the previous 'tacking' article from times past!

Many current JW's don't even know about 1975 and other such nonsense that was printed before.

Outaservice (1975 survivor)

• Neo
    Neo

By the way, check another blatant WT contradiction I recently posted:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/124500/4.ashx

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    but all the time making progress toward their destination"...

you know, to me this is fine. But they have costs peoples lives to make the "progress" they speak of. Hurt people deeply, ruined lives. Needlessly, I might add.

Not a fair comparison at all IMO

purps

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Neo, yes that was a good thread and once again shows their words mean squat. You shoulda included their version of Isaiah Chapter 2 also where it says 'People and nations would stream to the mountain of Jehovah in the final part of the days". They don't even have a trickle yet they claim they have a stream. What a joke, the Mormons do a better job on their 10 speed bicycles and white shirts than carloads of witnesses pounding the streets evreyday.

Gumissionary

• gumby
    gumby

Ok, ya sick apostate bastards......quit shunnin me!!!! I spent a long time on this thread and I see ya all went and let it drift onto page 3 already and it barely got off the ground. I was hopin to see a mass exodus out of the Jehovah's Witness religion when all the dub lurkers saw my neato thread fer christ sake!

Gumdisgusted

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Good find, I saved it.

Also, as someone else pointed out, there's another way to defeat the "tacking" argument. Real tacking is done to fight against winds. So if the WTS is tacking too, then what are the winds that have hindered God or the Holy Spirit from bringing the message to us? If the answer to that question is Satan and the demons, then how can God not overcome his creations?

There's no easy way for a dub to answer those...

• gumby
    gumby

Thanks SirNose....at least YOU still love me.

You make a good point about "tacking". When the society used this expression, it gave the readers a feeling that the organisation is always moving in a forward motion when in reality they have made many complete reversals in their doctrines.....such as their flip flops on just who the "higher powers" were, spoken of in the book of Romans. The societys sail boat does 180's 360's and even has a reverse on it.

Gumby

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Thanks SirNose....at least YOU still love me.

And miss out on some Gumresearch? Perish the thought, my malleable friend!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit