"It's ok Officer, I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses"

by Highlander 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• Highlander
    Highlander

Earlier today I was thinking back to some of my old friends I had while living in Minnesota, and attending the Pine City congregation. My j-dub friends were like many non-j-dub

teenage boys and would drive fast, drink beer or any other kinds of trouble you can think of. I recall that on many occasions, myself or one of my friends would have a 'run in' with

a local police officer. For instance, one of my friends was driving recklessly, and was pulled over by the police. The cop was questioning him, and in response, my friend stated,

don't worry officer, I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses. To which the officer replied, "That doesn't mean anything to me"

On another occasion, myself and a large group of j-dubs were at the local river having a bonfire. A couple of the dubs had fireworks with and ofcourse lit them up. This attracted

the police. The police gave us a warning as they saw that we didn't have any alcohol or any more fireworks.

As the police were leaving, one of the girls there, started singing as loudly as she could, "WE'RE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, WE SPEAK OUT IN FEARLESSNESS!" She basically

sang the whole freakin' song, word for word, from the kingdom melodies.

My point is, though myself and my friends behaved no different than non-j-dubs,, we felt that we were somehow better behaved simply for being j-dubs.

We felt that we had a 'get out of jail free card' simply for being witnoids.

Am I alone in this type of experience, or do any of you have similiar stories?

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I think there was always the sort of perception that the rules didn't apply to them because they were somehow above them. But there was also the bringing no reproach on the congregation angle as well.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

ha ha ha... yeah we pulled those stunts... we all once thought we were better than everyone else... and thats why ppl hated us... we were untouchable, except when we got touched, and if we got touched, wed label it persecution... not our own stupidity!!! WE WERE ALL MORONS ONCE!

the infamous one

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I found out the hard way that those wonderful "last DC talk experiences" aren't going to happen to you because of telling people your j-dub status. When I was applying for a first job, on one of my interviews I proudly stated my j-dub status. The guy nearly rolled his eyes. That didn't work out as well as I thought...

Dubs believe it's some sort of badge of honor to announce their j-dub status, because their imaginations are constantly fired by miracle accounts. Who can't forget the time a car of j-dubs got through a checkpoint in a war-torn African country, just because they told the guards they were dubs? I have heard variations of that story archetype as far back as I can remember.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I am astonished that young JWs would think that they could get away with antisocial behaviour by declaring that they were JWs.

I was brought up to respect the law - had I ever attracted the attention of a police officer, I certainly wouldn't have volunteered that I was a JW and brought "dishonour" on to the congregation.

To be honest, it is a mish mash of contradictory ideas: "The World hates us" and "Everyone knows JWs for their clean, honest lifestyles and superb stadia cleaning ability (so we ought to be able to get away with DUI)"

As the police were leaving, one of the girls there, started singing as loudly as she could, "WE'RE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, WE SPEAK OUT IN FEARLESSNESS!" She basically sang the whole freakin' song, word for word, from the kingdom melodies.

The police must have thought she was mentally ill. How embarassing.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    When I was applying for a first job, on one of my interviews I proudly stated my j-dub status. The guy nearly rolled his eyes. That didn't work out as well as I thought...

Ha, yeah I've done that, they couldn't get me out of the room fast enough.

Yeah as a witness I thought that everybody knew that JWs are the most honest and dependable folk in the community.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear It's Ok,

A close family member, not one ever to be stopped in her tracks, was known to say upon an attempted entry into an unauthorized area, "It's okay, I'm a nurse." Absolute sincerity and determination of purpose.

Yours truly,

CoCo

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

started singing as loudly as she could, "WE'RE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, WE SPEAK OUT IN FEARLESSNESS!"

Until....He/she becomes a classic Jehovah's Witness Internet troll who lies that he/she is really a JW so as to present a "non biased" "objective opinion" against exjw's and pick fights with them.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

As the police were leaving, one of the girls there, started singing as loudly as she could, "WE'RE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, WE SPEAK OUT IN FEARLESSNESS!" She basically

sang the whole freakin' song, word for word, from the kingdom melodies.

My point is, though myself and my friends behaved no different than non-j-dubs,, we felt that we were somehow better behaved simply for being j-dubs.

Irony. In it's most refined form.

CG

• Genesis
    Genesis

This woman singing KM make me sick, she sure have a mental illness !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit