Impulsive buyer....What was I thinking?~?

by purplesofa 51 Replies latest jw friends

• gordon d
    gordon d

A 745il BMW... Major P.O.S.! Sold it 6 months ago and I'm still getting recall notices and service advisories...almost weekly!

• new boy
    new boy

Wow.............I didn't know they had a Walmart at Palau!

My biggest and most costly Impulsive buy was a marriage license!...........It has cost me over $800,000!!!.......and counting.

• hambeak
    hambeak

I went browsing and bought a new Ford F-150 I was kicking myself the next day so I took it back and got my money and my old explorer back.

I can relate about the marriage license

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I bought about $50.00 worth of refrigerator magnets for the nurses that took care of mother; but I've never had the energy or time to go to the hospital to give them out. So, what I did when my husband was in the hospital (a couple of days ago) is I took some of the magnets and gave them to the nurses that took care of him. I still have a quite a few to give out! I got various kinds for the various nurses. Here's the one that I got for one of my favorite CNA's. We had this joke thing going with one of the patients!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I hate most of those kitchen gadgets. We got a whole bunch as wedding presents, and have eliminated a few. There was one gift that was both great and horrible. We got a George Foreman Fat Grilling Lean Piece of Shit Machine. I hate that goddam thing, not because it doesn't work, but because it's a pain in the ass to clean. It's such a clumsy, user-unfriendly design - try switching grease trays without spilling it when one fills up. Oh yeah, try getting rid of the grease too. That oval shoe that it pours into sucks.

Strapped to the Foreman grill was a Toastmaster flat grill. We've used that thing over and over again, and it's fantastic! Go figure, it was bundled free with the Foreman grill.

I feel the same about the kitchen gadgets. Give me a parring knife and I am ok. I don't even like having cleavers and all the excess kitchen utensils. The most we have is a waffle maker. Mostly I just want it simple. Having kids people keep giving me things they think will be useful. But clutter just messes up my mind and I go so crazy having all that stuff around.

I always have host a garage sale to get rid of excess and what we do keep is always so much more than I want around.

Impulse buys get me if it smells good. Like a purfume or often a skirt or such 'like' item. Lately though I am really cutting it all back. I have been trying to not do anything unless I have to and right now the 'have to's" overload the budget.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

My biggest and most costly Impulsive buy was a marriage license!...........It has cost me over $800,000!!!.......and counting.

New boy, I think that we should get married and divorced!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Wal-mart has a great return policy. Do you have the receipt? You can take it back for a refund, even if you have used it. Tell them it didn't cook the hotdogs the way you like them or it's faulty or something like that. If you haven't used it, tell them you changed your mind. No receipt? Exchange it for store credit or something(s) of equal value.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I love kitchen gadgets. After my marriage fell apart I went hog wild buying kitchen gadgets. The juicer is the only thing I don't use regularly.

W

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

haha.........this is a funny thread.........glad everyone had fun with it.

I thought of all kinds of other things I've bought over the years. Silly silly silly

purps

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

LOL

You guys crack me up! Now I want to go shopping!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit