Impulsive buyer....What was I thinking?~?

by purplesofa 51 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Yesterday, I was in Wal-Mart, taking care of some business at the Service desk, While I was there, I thought......I'll just browse a bit and then get home.

Before I knew it I was at the check-out with a hotdog griller...!!!!!! You know it looks kinda like the ones at gas stations, movie theatres, ball parks!! I barely eat 10 hot dogs a year and thats just when I don't have another choice.

I have never bought anything stupider that I can remember.

Forty bucks spent........maybe five bucks back after I keep it five years.......selling it in a gargae sale.

Tell us.....do you buy things impulsively and what was your biggest mistake?

purps

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Navy blue Lancome Mascara......

I don't know what was thinking.....! My worst impulse buys are always make up!

Best Regards,

Chrystal

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Purps,

ha, ha, I saw the hotdog thing at Walmart yesterday. And I almost bought it too! It was marked down here to $29. But then I was like "ok Lil you know you will NEVER use that thing". I think I wanted it for nostalgic reasons.

My worst mistake - Last summer I bought a juicer so I could juice all my fruits and vegetables and live a healthier happier life. Spent around $25 on clearance which I though was a GREAT price!

Anyway, I juiced EVERYTHING for about two days - then decided it was WAY too much work when I could just eat the darn stuff whole. It is now in my storage shed, collecting dust with all my other impulse buys. Lilly

• Mulan
    Mulan

A $300 Dooney and Bourke handbag.

• exjdub
    exjdub

purplesofa,

ROFLMAO!! That is too funny...strange beings we are aren't we? Thanks for the laugh!

• nelly136
    nelly136

when they were new out i really fancied getting a breadmaker it cost £99 back then

best fried bricks i've ever seen,

i couldnt get a refund but currys let me trade it for something else,

sooo i traded it for an equally handy bit of kit, the then newly released sahara electric wet and dry mop by vax.

wet and sahara arn't related, it was all spit and no suck and left the kitchen under an inch of water evertime i used it. it took up cupboard space for years until i swapped it for a couple of tyres (least those were useful)

• ferret
    ferret

Took our van in for a lube in July to the dealer came away with a $30.000 Jeep that we do not really need.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

In high school, I bought a reel to reel tape recorder off another kid that looked like a book for $20. I only bought it to outbid another kid that I didn't like. It was a nifty unit, but completely useless to me. I ended up giving it to the Salvation Army.

I'm really bad with CDs. I'll impulse buy CDs that I know I'll never listen to. Then I'll trade them in for something I like. I think the worst impulse CD I bought was "Abbadance".

• dobbie
    dobbie

I bought a pancake cooker cos i can't ever turn the things without them breaking into a soggy mess - turns out you still have to turn them i though it would do it for you!

Hubby bought me a juicer which i HATE cos every time you use it your kitchens all messed up and theres about eight separate bits to be washed up.

I bought a breadmaker which burns the bottom and doesnt cook the tops of the loaves and its huge, now i just use it to mix pizza base in it.

Bought a table top hoover which instead of sucking up the crumbs blows them everywhere.

Oh dear i think i'd better stay away from the shops!Goodness knows what i'll buy next!

• Backed away
    Backed away

Hi Purps!

Funny, Hotdog griller... reminds me of my ex-wife! for me it's those Salsa makers good for one batch then forget about it, won't chop butter.

I once bought a tripod that was on sale and didn't even own a camera! the worst was, I bought a computer and now I'm addicted to JWD. what was I thinking!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit