Christmas and Thanksgiving are all about having a great time!

by observador 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• observador
    observador

We are having friends over for Thanksgiving this year, and we're enjoying every bit of it.

As for Christimas, we are playing all that game with our little one; Santa Claus coming with a gift for her; we're helping her decide which present we'll ask Santa to bring, and all that crap. We're enjoying all of that, especially since our parents never did that to us.

I can tell you: we're having a good time. It's all about having fun. One day, my little one will look back with fond memories of the time we spent together in the holidays.

And to think that for so many years we accepted the Society's demonization of such an innocent fun time.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Observador.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

I always enjoyed Thanksgiving. It was a time of good family association and delicious food. I remember how disappointed I was when the Watchtower arbitrarily decided it was forbidden.

On the other hand, I think the Watchtower has correctly evaluated Christmas as a "pagan holiday" that should be carefully considered by Christians. However, I don't think the Watchtower should be the one to make the decision as to whether or not its members should celebrate. (It was celebrated at Bethel in 1925.) That should be left up to each individual. Nor should Christians criticize whatever decision is made. It's between the person and God.

• observador
    observador

That's right; between the person and God.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I can't say I am ready to go whole hog and do the christmas thing yet, But even when I was a witness we sorta did thanksgiving.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I say embrace your inner pagan and enjoy both holidays! And if you just want to hug a pagan I can be found in Oregon near Portland.

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit