I said no and all hell has broke out

by hambeak 14 Replies latest jw friends

• hambeak
    hambeak

Johns mom called again today 8 times to be exact and she is insisting that if her precious gets out of prison while Jake is in California it is my responsibility to go pick him up. Also I am supposed to go buy him a belt to hold his pants up since he has gained weight so he can wear his designer clothes home from prison. I told her in a nice way I can't do that and he can use his bus ticket to get home. The crying and the screaming is unreal I think she needs to be commited. I told Jake to talk to his mom and he won't do it. I guess he has too much anger about his brother. I am just tired of this and will probably leave the whole damn bunch period.

Just had to vent again

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Geesh! Yeah, she's a nut case. No need to add more stress to yourself.

• Scully
    Scully

You've already told us that John is 48 years old. Surely to blazes he can figure out how to get on a frikkin' Greyhound Bus to get to Momma's house.

Good for you for saying no. It sounds like Momma is used to badgering and nagging until she gets what she wants, so you'll have to remain strong and keep your resolve to not become embroiled in the drama.

Seriously, I would not answer the phone when it's her. Let the answering machine do its job and screen your calls. When she is nice in her phone messages, call her back. If she starts going off the deep end during the call, then say you need to go and hang up. It will teach her to behave appropriately when you are talking to her. Tell her that you are under strict doctor's orders to avoid stressful situations and you don't feel up to accommodating her request to bring her son home from prison.

• moshe
    moshe

Sorry to hear about these problems. It's too bad the comedy Seinfeld is no longer on TV. You have the makings of a Jewish "guilt" tragic comedy script.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Please do what scully said. I-35 from Huntsville isn't that hard. Come on, he's not gonna care, as long as he's walking out of that place. Sounds like mom is just throwing a fit to hear herself!! You have to take care of yourself!!

shell

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Is it any wonder this guy was never taught the importance of having the essential qualities of being a responsible, independent, and rational adult?!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh Hambeak: Run don't walk and get yourself into the "third noble truth" This would be great at stress control right now. Remember it is all about the calm within us. And you my dear are not the drama. Call me if you want. Maybe if it is just to say hey! But you can vent also. I am knee deep in a luxury breathing session.

Love,

Decki

• parakeet
    parakeet

Good for you, hambeak! Bullies absolutely hate it when their victims finally rise up and refuse to take it any more. Unfortunately, the former victim must often listen to the bully bluster and whine for a while, but don't worry, it'll eventually die down. Don't be surprised if the mom suddenly starts acting much more civilized to you. I've seen that happen when the manipulative person realizes that his/her tactics don't work any more.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

(((( Hambeak )))) "No" is the most difficult word I had to not only learn to pronounce propertly, but to use wisely, effectively, and learn not to back down. That and allowing the answering machine to screen my calls. Hugs friend.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I would tell momma to go outside and play "hide and go **** herself".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit