Child Abuse must be getting out of hand if they're addressing it...

by thedepressedsoul 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I'm referring to the video that was uploaded where they finally mentioned the child abuse issue. We all kinda guessed that if they ever addressed it they'd blame it on the media and apostates. Well, looks like we were spot on. Almost makes you wonder if they got the idea from here.

It must be getting a lot of intention inside, especially at Bethel if they needed to address it during morning worship. I have a feeling there will be a small paragraph in a WT soon. It means it has really gotten big if they are actually speaking out about it now. They usually remain silent and let negative press pass over.

I find it funny how they basically have it set up now that if anyone brings up the child abuse issue they are "apostate". That means no one will be talking about it out in service, at the hall or in general for fear of being shunned and labeled an apostate.

Damage control have been started.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Damn right it's affecting things. My elderly mother said she quit contributing at assemblies/conventions because she doesn't want her money going to lawyers on abuse cases. That was a total shock.

Doc

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Now that he verbally admitted there are cases I guess we won't hear about how the Catholics had an issue and this must be the "truth" because JW had no cases.

Good luck on them saying that now, their own GB admitted it.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I don't know if it is the quantity that is driving this damage control campaign. I think they are seeing the writing on the wall and preparing the flock for the inevitable mass media coverage that will eventually happen. I have been wondering if all that is pending is the final judgment in the appeals of the Conti case before the media takes on it, being that this is the first case to ever see trial. This is why they are changing the definition of Gog of Magog. A media "attack" on the org would be the first visible signs of the "attack" and would drive those who have been eagerly awaiting for a sign, to dig deeper into their indoctrination.

Is 1975 all over again

• sir82
    sir82

If these guys mention it, you can be 100% certain their comments are vetted by Legal and fully scripted. They know all of these videos get out onto Youtube or Reddit and are circulated worldwide.

It must terrify the lawyers, the idea of Tight-pants Tony going off script. You can understand why they avoided him, but why pick Lett to deliver this message? Seems like an odd choice. I'd think that "grandfatherly" Jackson would come across as more sincere.

• Splash
    Splash

They won't be able to use quotes like these anymore:

*** w79 4/1 p. 28 Rearing My Sons Without a Husband ***
    Later, while working as a clerk at a court, something happened that further convinced me that it couldn’t be accomplished within the Catholic Church. A priest, who had sexually abused several young girls, was provided by the Church with one of the country’s best lawyers, even though pretrial hearings had established his guilt.

*** g91 10/22 p. 28 Watching the World ***
    Sternak, who is currently writing a book on pedophilia, charges that dioceses in over 20 states use church donations to pay for lawsuits and out-of-court settlements in cases of priestly sexual abuse of children.

*** g90 9/8 p. 29 Watching the World ***
    According to the Star, another lawyer stated that Catholic Church officials, on discovery of child-abuse complaints, have historically kept the priests in the clergy. He said: “Instead of reporting them to the police or booting them out of there like most any other institution, they have, out of loyalty to their own, just moved them around secretly.”

At the time these were printed, all JW's would have wagged their fingers at the Catholic Church, "We're so much better!"

Time has proven that the JW organisation is NO better.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    Marked, great quotes Splash!
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    Reading how JW are spinning this on FB is making me sick. They are honestly viewing these pedophile cases as persecution.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

Time has proven that the JW organisation is NO better.

Sorry splash you are wrong in that quote. I think they are worse.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It has always been out of hand, and they still do nothing to change matters. They could easily institute an Active Protection Programme, where a responsible, properly accredited, i.e Criminal Records Checked individual, is appointed as an overseer of the vulnerable, every time they meet.

Small Clubs and Associations do this, because they care.

The JW religion does not do it for two reasons, first they do not care, and second the guys at the top want it to remain a Paedophile's Paradise.

Scumbags.

They are only acknowledging that there is a problem, and trying to minimise it because the brown stuff is about to hit the fan in the Media, and they want the R&F's minds to be readily prepared to dismiss all they hear.

As I said, GB and Gang, SCUMGBAGS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit