Do JW's stay In the Organization to avoid embarassment?

by moshe 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hackman
    Hackman

I guess you are right Moshe. Religion often has a political goal. I have never been religious - but as a Dane I've been member of the Folkchurch in many years. 15 years ago I finally dropped out and saved the 'churchtax' which was approx. 1% of my earning.

But tell me someone, because I can't figure it out, from WHERE does The Watch Tower get all their money? I mean, they are not selling any products to customers. Are the money only coming from gratitude and from selling of magazines to the members to give away in the streets?

Another thing that puzzles me is that the leadership of the Watchtower is preaching that Harmageddon can come any day - and, at the same time, they invest all their money in real estate. You know, it would be stupid to invest in houses and buildings if most of the worlds population will disappear over night. It lookes to me like the 'governing body' is not believing their it's own 'dogmas'.

Have a nice week-end

Hackman

• anewme
    anewme

Do JWs stay in the Org to avoid embarrassment?

Oh yes!!!

When a JW realizes in his/her heart that they disagree with the teachings
    life becomes a lonely road.

Alot of us did nothing about those feelings until we became sick. Sick enough of the situation to do something about it or just sick emotionally or spiritually enough and got kicked out for some human behavior.

• moshe
    moshe

from WHERE does The Watch Tower get all their money

Hackman,

They may give a book away, but the KH expects them to make up any shortfall in the literature cost out of their own pockets. They have always pushed for JW's will their property, life insurance and assets to the KH. So the longer that Armageddon is delayed, the more free money they can get from the witnesses who die waiting for the paradise. Many JW's send regular checks to the WT Society. Conventions/Assemblies used to be money makers back when I was a JW, but I couldn't say if that was true today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit