"I Wanna Be Around (to pick up the pieces)"

by compound complex 21 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Patsy Cline made us cry when she 'went to pieces.' Tony Bennett wanted "to be around to pick up the pieces when somebody breaks your heart". As I was reflecting upon Johnny Mercer and Sadie Vimmerstedt's hit "I Wanna Be Around", it occurred to me that we have had our collective hearts broken. We are all in various stages of recovery, but despite our pain, 'we want to be around to pick up the pieces when somebody (WT) "breaks the heart"' of our loved ones. Lady Lee expressed it beautifully in "Should We Unite With a Cause": "We have made the greatest impact by being honest and telling our stories," stating too that just ONE person speaking out against control, manipulation and abuse can effect change. We speak out, but through our tears.

What helps you personally move forward to aid others, in spite of your pain, your "broken heart"?

With a mending heart,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends,

Whether lurkers or respondants, you have done much to encourage me. Thanx for your comments here and the PMs. I know that if one person can make a difference, then many can make a huge difference in the life of another. You have for me.

Love,

CoCo

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Thanks for this thread, CoCo... I'm just happy I have Tony singing in my head now.

ha
    Baba.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

What helps you personally move forward to aid others, in spite of your pain, your "broken heart"?

The fact that I know I can face myself in the mirror. Br it good bad or ugly, I know I have tried with all I have and no excuses...everyday.

That and if people had not tried and helped me although I know they were under stress and had no reason to help and nothing to gain from it, I know without the help of such ones I would not have made it. So thank you to all that helped me and still do!

• daystar
    daystar

What helps me is knowing that though things may feel horrible at the time, when I look back, even the bad things ended up creating an even greater good.

My being cast from the JW sect freed me. My divorce taught me tough lessons I obviously was not learning.

If I could reach out to anyone, it would be to convince them that from bad often comes good, if they have the right attitude about it, taking it as a lesson to be learned and to move forward a stronger, better person for it.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Baba, Sparkplug, and Daystar,

Great comments about gratitude, trying hard, benefiting from lessons learned and having Tony singing in yer head! I knew I'd have something good waiting for me when I got home. Many, many thanks!

Love,

CoCo

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Hey

CoCo-

I am already swaying to "violins and Tony Bennett". I have the gown on and it is of the perfect hue. I just love dancing to such music. Heck, I love to dance...

Decki

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey Sparky--------

"Shall we dance-da-da-da!!!!!!!!!!" Vive la musique! Vive la danse! Vive Tony Bennett! I can see your gown of beautiful hue a-swirling!

Waltzing in 3/4 time,

CoCo/Sparky

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

"Waltzing in 3/4 time" Another great song. So is that Waltzing 'across Texas' in 3/4 time?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Sparky,

I had no idea that my sign-off was a dance title! Looked just now in my fake book but couldn't find it. But I believe you! I know there's a Missouri Waltz. I pioneered there 40 years ago, passed through your Texas to get there. Wow! great way to leave the pain behind---talk about music and dance. I feel inspired to get back on the dance floor. The JWs here sure enjoy it. Keep singing and dancing and your heart will be free! So great to share---

All singing and dancing,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit