Should I just say no?

by hambeak 50 Replies latest jw friends

• hambeak
    hambeak

My partners brother is being released from state prison on 12/7 and Jake has to go to huntsville to pick him up. I am cooking a big thanksgiving dinner and his mom wants me to duplicate it when the a**hole gets home and cook a big dinner for x-mas too. I get 1 day off a week and I am starting to resent being the fricking maid. This guy is in prison for his 3rd dwi served 1 1/2 years out of 3 he is 48 and can't keep a job. If they think I'll give him one they can all go to hell. I can't stand this nut.

I just vented thanks

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hell yeah, just say no! Mommie should cook the dinner for her boy herself.

• hambeak
    hambeak

My mil is 81 kinda crazy but can be sweet my fil is a great guy but those two absolutely hate each other, they haven't even shared the same bed for over 35 years. Each one is waiting for the other to die my god thats a miserable way to live and they were never jw's jus baptist

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear Hambeak:

Before you "just say no" make sure you make your
    case in a tactful and diplomatic manner. Remember,
    this is your business partner's brother. And,
    although you may not take to him, your partner
    may have a different view of him.

Just state your "concerns" regarding his track
    record and the reasons why he may be better off
    some where else.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hambeak, Can y'all take him out to a restaurant for a celebratory meal? Less work for everyone.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Absolutely not!!!!!!!!! He is uncouth I tried that one time took him to Outback Steakhouse and took out his pocket knife (a very big one) to cut his steak and he sounds like Homer Simpson when he eats

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

What's his address? I've got a coupon for a free pizza slice at Sergio's I can send him.

W

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hello Hambeak,

I am in a near-identical situation myself. It's a juggling act between your rights and sanity and the wishes/needs of others. Being honest, but tactfully so, is no guarantee you'll make everyone happy, but it's better than seething with internal rage. Gosh, you've just vented for me! Will stay in touch.

In not-so-quiet desperation,

CoCo

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

How does your partner feel?

If you do provide a celebratory meal for him, keep it simple, like hotdogs and hamburgers, store-bought potato salad and paper plates/plastic utensils.

• unique1
    unique1

Just take him to Ihop instead. He can't possibly embarass you there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit