Why do women love religion?

by Kaethra 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

I've pondered this so much. Most religions, even though they are male-dominated, boast a predominately female population. I've tried and tried to understand why otherwise independent women would give up their autonomy to a man-led faith and just recently I think I understand why...women, much more so than men, are in need of protection. There are so many bastards out there that hurt us that it makes us want a father figure that cares about us...well...that's what I think anyway...discuss!

• ballistic
    ballistic
    There are so many bastards out there that hurt us

sexist and very short sighted crap

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

you don't think there are many bastards out there that hurt women??

• ballistic
    ballistic
    you don't think there are many bastards out there that hurt women??

If most of the men you meet are bastards, you need to ask yourself why just as I would if I thought all women are bitches.

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

I never said (wrote) that most men are bastards...what are you reading into?

• ballistic
    ballistic

What you actually said was:

...women, much more so than men, are in need of protection. There are so many bastards out there that hurt us

while you didn't say "most men", you did say, "so many bastards" and "women much more so than men" indicating

1. A large number, and

2. A larger proportion of men than women.

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

yes...that's true...and it's my whole point...why women seem to turn to religion more than men do...geez! I don't think YOU're a bastard, ok?

• ballistic
    ballistic

whatever...

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

good comeback

• ballistic
    ballistic

I'm going to start a thread... Why are there so few men in the organisation? ... Because there's so many Biatches, us men can't stand it.

I bet that would get a few of the ladies backs up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit