It's my JWD birthday!!

by serendipity 17 Replies latest jw friends

• serendipity
    serendipity

Since I've been on JWD for a year, I thought I'd post about changes in my life. And can you believe it: despite turning my back on the org, I haven't turned into a drug-addicted, alcoholic, crack ho

In my first post, I still identified myself as a liberal JW. I no longer do that. I also go to the meetings MUCH less than a year ago, only when my daughter asks to go, about once every 2 months. I skipped my first DC this year and didn't miss it at all. I no longer read the WT or Awake or other pubs, except for Blondie's review. I stopped making excuses for the org when my daughter asks tough questions, but give her honest answers.

I've shed belief in many of the JW rules and some of the doctrines. I wished someone a happy birthday and threw out my blood card!! I no longer have all the answers and I'm OK with that.

I've expanded my view of spirituality and Christianity. I've been able to openly discuss spiritual journeys with people, without trying to preach to them. I really talk to God now, openly and without the guilt.

Most of all, I feel a weight has been lifted, and I know what a kindly yoke and light load is.

Thank you all for your help in the last year, for answering my many questions, especially in chat. I value your insight and 'virtual' friendship.

peace and love,

Serendipity

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sounds like a productive year - congratulations, and here's to the next...

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

birthdaycake2birthdaycake2birthdaycake2

fireworksfireworks

I love our chats and your posts!! Thanks for being you!!

shell

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Happy birthday

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Yay Serendipity! The first year is the biggest milestone (just saying that because I've only made it a little over a year so far as well).

• codeblue
    codeblue

Congrats

• becca1
    becca1

Good for you!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Congratulations and don't worry about not becoming a drug-addicted, alcoholic, crack ho, you have plenty of time for that.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Happy Birthday!

Lets have an online apostafest!

I'm so proud of you for getting out and staying out!

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Congratulations !! Be well. And may your spiritual odyssey be as rewarding and enchanting as the very first time you held the magical wonder that is your child in your arms. Be at peace within yourself and with whomever you have come to know as the God of all Things,and go confidently through the byways of life, taking each pitfall as a challenge, and each challenge as a stepping stone to victory. The path that has no obstacles leads nowhere.

Frankly, I am glad none of us has all the answers. Since each has some of the answers, it means we need each other all the time. You have helped us and influenced us in ways you will never fathom, but which we will remember and treasure.

And remember Moggy's First Rule of Human Dynamics:

Those who can - do. Those who cannot - preach!

Cheers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit