ACK!! Son Wants to Rejoin the Army!!

by Tina 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Tina
    Tina

Greetings!
    He just told me this today. He only received his separation papers a few weeks before the attack on the WTC! I truly don't know what to think. He says (due to his past training and rank) if they guarante him Ranger,he will return! ack ack ack...I don't know what to think........Tina

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((((((((Tina))))))))))

I know this isn't necessarily funny to you, but your "acks" made me picture MY mother. ((())) Heehee! Moms are always your mom, no matter how old you are.

I wish I had words of wisdom for you, but I'm sure your son is an intelligent man and has a good head on his shoulders. (Good genes compliments of Mom of course! ) If I were his mom, I'd be proud my son was such a good representative of my country!

Love,
    Andi

• sf
    sf

Think about giving him a hug of appreciation from the sKallywagger. And thank him too.

Sincerely, sKally

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Tina,

I think I know how you feel. My sons are in college....but I truly don't want them in the military - I'm their mother - I worry.

But I know that there's a lot of mothers like you who have sons enlisting or that are already in the military.

Is your son already a Ranger, or will he get more training? I know we've had a Ranger in here, but I thought this guy was Air Force. Nice guy - quiet, real quiet. Good to have on your side, not against.

For all of our differences....((((((((((mom to mom))))))))))).

waiting

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((andi,skally)))))))he hasn't made the 'concrete' move yet(Yep Andi,I'm an ackin kinda mom :> I'll give him the good wishes and hugs anyway! Thanks guys,yer the greatest! luv yas,T
    (((((((9waiting))))))))just saw yer post!
    Thanks hun! Yep differences or not we're still human moms with lots of feelings.Thanks so much! He told me he wouldn't have to go thru a lot of the training newbies would,but he'd prefer too,as a refresher...I don't know,we'll see........He's a good young man,never gave me a day of problems. I've been very lucky in that arena of my life. He was in the 82nd Airborne Delta Co. Spec4,(maroon beret)-paratrooper (shudder,he liked jumpin out of planes)on the list for Ranger school. He got tired of the 'politics and waiting for a slot to open. That's why he said if they guarante him that,he'd most likely go back in soon. luv,T

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey ((((Tina)))),

The day of the terrorist attacks, when I had my kids at home and we were talking about what had happened, my 10 year old son started out the door saying he was going to join the Air Force...and I was hit with such a feeling like OMG! One day, he may really do that in a situation like this! And, to be completely honest, I was relieved that he is only 10. I know this isn't really relevant to what you posted, but I guess I just wanted to connect with you as one mom to another. I don't think it matters how grown up they become, they will still ALWAYS be our babies. At the same time, I know you must be extremely proud of him for the choices that he is making. So many people pay lip service to ideals; how many are willing to actually do something? You and your son are sterling examples of putting your money where your mouth is, Tina, and I am proud to call you friend. Please add my thanks and hugs for your son to the ones already given here.

Love ya,
    Dana

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((dana))))))))
    awww yer son is so cute! Be proud that he felt so moved at a young age to get up and 'do"! What you related is relevant to all Moms here.
    I'd prefer him to saty in college. I feel he has given his time/service to us already,but he is a man and his choices are his. I respect whatever choice he makes in the end. He knows I will support him,whether he stays ins chool,or the Army. The one things he mentioned in the past,was that while in the service he felt more comaraderie and group cohesion than at anytime in the kingdom hall. I remember him crying and crying when he left. The decision for him was so much harder than for me. Sorry,I digress,just going down 'Moms memory lane' here. I will tell him and hug him. I told him give it real serious thought before making any concrete move. He says,Mom,I'm not naive yanno" lol. So like I said...we'll see...........thanks sweetie,Im proud to call you my bud too! luv ya,T

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I feel he has given his time/service to us already,but he is a man and his choices are his. I respect whatever choice he makes in the end. He knows I will support him,whether he stays ins chool,or the Army.

*sniff-sniff*

I wish more moms (my mom) were like this...

Andi

PS: Tina - if you ever need a daughter in your life, let me know!!!

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey (((Andi))),

You said:

PS: Tina - if you ever need a daughter in your life, let me know!!!

Tina, I want to be adopted too!!! If I fight Andi over this, will you put us both in time out? I really want someone to put me in time out!!! I would get to lie in my bed reading a good book instead of doing laundry, homework, refereeing children, cooking dinner...blah blah blah. C'mon Andi, put em up!

In all seriousness, tho, I echo what Andi said in wishing more moms were like you
    Love yas,
    Dana

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Awww, ((((((((((((Tina))))))))))))) I can only imagine how scary it must be to have a child in the military during peacetime, let alone now :/ You're the kind of mom I hope that I can be when my daughter is grown: the kind who offers support and unconditional love! Thanks for giving me somebody to look up to (the photo negative of my own mother, who wants it her way or no way!!!)

Let us know what he decides okay? My heart is with you and him either way.

Love ya much big sis,
    essie

"Though you may disappear,
    you're not forgotten here,
    and I will say to you,
    I will do what I can do."
    ~Peter Gabriel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit