Got another letter published in our local paper!!

by HadEnuf 24 Replies latest jw friends

• hambeak
    hambeak

Great letter Cathy and yes do keep us posted. Very well written and I would say your brain functions very well. If only most of the people on this planet had the same attitude.

• willyloman
    willyloman

A terrific, articulate letter, the kind that editors love to receive and run. Your strategy was excellent, too. Drip, drip drip... every little seed that gets planted like this will sprout.

As for someone's suggestion above that we all click on the newspaper's link and jump on the bandwagon, one cautionary note:

If you do not possess the talent to write this kind of intelligent, reasoned letter, tying the topic to current events and using the subtle approach, please resist the urge to "help."

• FreeChick
    FreeChick

Cathy,

Congrats on having your article published. It is wonderfully articulate and timely.

FreeChick

• Bodhisattva1320
    Bodhisattva1320

you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Thank you all for your nice words!

R6Laser: I am aware, as I stated, that the gay marriage issue goes way beyond what we experienced. Nevertheless...my husband and I had invested over 4 decades in the Watchtower organization and most if not all of our relatives and friends were JW's. Sure you can leave. But what are the consequences? Why do so many stay when they really want to leave? Because of the severity and repercussions of leaving and then losing all those you holddear...in our case my mom and sister, who have shunned me for the past 4 years and friends who will no longer talk to us or even look our way (I guess that in itself is no great loss)...but it hurts. It turns your life upside down and inside out. It has affected me tremendously as I have chronic depression anyway and there were times I contemplated suicide. We had everything to lose. So though in the light of the gay marriage issue you may feel it is not even comparable...when something hurts you as badly as we were hurt...IT STILL MATTERS.

BCZAR2ME: The issue of being an "unbeliever", even though you are an unbaptized publisher, was a huge issue for us. I mean...how can a person be raised as a JW...participate in the ministry, give talks on the stage and be an unbeliever in what they believe they are preaching? Quite the oxymoron isn't it? We fought over this tooth and nail with our local elders, the CO, the DO and the heads of the syndicate in NY. (One elder told me of course she wasn't an unbeliever but then failed to explain to me why she was labeled so. He had no answer)! This went on for over a year or more. This was back in 2000. I wasn't even aware that they had changed the labeling from "unbeliever" to "non-witness". If we had anything to do with this I have no idea. If we did...it sure took them a long time to discuss it!! I guess that's par for the course. I doubt we were involved in this "new light".

Blondie: Thank you my dear for posting that "Questions from the Readers" article. It totally blew me away with their crazy reasoning on the subject. I had not read that article before. It seems very simple to me. If a person is a practicing JW, even though unbaptized, he MUST BELIEVE in what he is practicing and preaching. This is not rocket science. It's not even kindergarten stuff. The term believer is self-defining. It is my belief that my son and his fiancee were evenly yoked as they both believed the same things. Jeeeeeeeshhhhhhhhhhh!! Why make it so darn complicated like we are all morons. I think we know who the morons really are and they ain't US!

I can feel my blood pressure rising. I better quit now.

mumsy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit