Doctrine about undertakers in 1924?

by GBSJG 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GBSJG
    GBSJG

I have read some books that dealt with the history of the WTS so I'm familiar with a lot of strange doctrines that they had in the past. However when reading the wikipedia article on controversy regards JWs I found this section take a look at what it says:

"1924: As of 1926, there would be no more deaths. Witnesses were encouraged to add a room to their houses, and get an undertaker to decorate it, since undertakers would be out of work. Witnesses could then call Abraham's office in Jerusalem and request that a deceased relative be brought back to life. These would subsequently appear in the new room."

The reference for that is The Way to Paradise, 1924, pp. 228, 229 does anyone have a copy of the book and can scan that page I would love to see it for my self.

Did you know this already?

• GBSJG
    GBSJG

Should have used google before posting.

You can view the pages here:

http://home-4.worldonline.nl/~t661020/wtp/wtp228-29.htm

It looks like the book is talking about the situation in paradise and not before armageddon. But in the following pages it tells about phones automobiles and aeroplanes, I'm a bit confused?

On this page there are some more quotes from that book:

http://home-4.worldonline.nl/~t661020/wtp/wtp_nl.htm

The page starts in dutch but the quotes at the bottom are in english.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Thanks for that link, I have read a few of the strange ideas the jws have expounded, but not that one. It's little wonder they want to hide thier old publications away!

• rebel8
    rebel8

That is a fanciful tale, but IMO it was intended to be a "what if". It says "let us suppose...."

What is great about it is it seems to contain another proof they were predicting the end to come back then.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

"The Way to Paradise" can be viewed in its entirety at:

http://www.reexamine.info/20s/1925_the_way_to_paradise.pdf

• GBSJG
    GBSJG

It indeed is a let us suppose story.

It's interresting that in that story they still have electricity, automobiles and even aeroplanes in paradise. They explain it by using wind and solar power.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You can obtain a replica reprint of THE WAY TO PARADISE from Lulu.com or Amazon or any other online bookseller.

• moshe
    moshe

It's interresting that in that story they still have electricity,-

I have this book in my collection. It's my favorite to show JW's, that and my 1920 WT mag. This is a children's study book from 1924. Lots of weird stuff inside that even died in the wool JW's can't explain away.

Since their are very few JW engineers and degreed witnesses, just how did they think they could keep the new system running with electricity, telephones, running water, sewage,etc.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Moshe, I think that most JWs will fall back on "Jehovah-Jireh" ("Jehovah will provide") they think that if they can only make it to Armageddon, everything after that will be a gigantic free lunch counter.

Personally, I don't care for the taste of manna.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Remember that Russell believed that all the wondrous inventions that arose in the 1800s were harbingers of the Millennium. Technology was seen as a sign of increasing knowledge and wisdom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit