nelly136's poetry thread inspired me.

by Abandoned 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

OK, here's the current version with bernadette's additions.

The Year Marketeers
    I still remember when jehovah was courting
    with killing the bad in the year nineteen fouteen
    Then we were told we'd want to be alive
    To see the destruction in ninteen twenty-five

But those years passed us by without armageddon's debris
    Perhaps it would happen in nineteen forty-three
    World war two disappeared in the anuls of time.
    And there on the horizon sat nineteen seventy-five.

People sold houses and gave up their careers
    To preach of the kingdom as faithful pioneers
    But all that remained in brooklyn's bag of tricks.
    Was another new year - nineteen seventy-six.

Some faithful were hurt and others offended.
    Wondering why satan's world hadn't ended.
    Then, one of the governing body showed strength.
    He exposed all the lies and was kept at arm's length

They called him apostate but he more resembled Isis.
    For he mustered the courage to pen Conscience In Crisis.
    This wonderful book spread the truth far and wide.
    That the governing body of jehovah's witnesses lied.

They lied when they taught that they were god's servant.
    They lied quite convincingly - many felt they were fervent.
    But since they were liars - merely arrogant jerks,
    They lived off the faithful with decadent perks.

Then in the year of nineteen ninety-five
    The governing body feared their cult wouldn't survive.
    They needed a way to ensure their high station.
    By doing away with the nineteen fourteen generation.

They sat in their high Brooklyn Tower
    As the innocent suffered in their power
    Comfortable and at ease in their stronghold
    While the rank and file did what they were told

Tears and blood from them ran in a stream
    As the orphans and poor lost self-esteem
    Comfort and help came from those who roved
    Through the vast internet treasure trove

Those who escaped from these abhorrent cultists.
    Shared of their time and their stories to assist.
    By two thousand six the cultists were dwindling.
    Many used watchtower literature for kindling.

What can we learn from the watchtower's story?
    Think for yourself or you'll end up someone's quarry.

• kpappl
    kpappl

Somebody please inform me...I just came across this site. I was a jw for 10 years (1981-1991). After all of these years of being away, I still struggle with guilt and shame for leaving the "truth". I have only recently started praying again, not sure if Jehovah would even listen. I am and have been much happier since leaving but tortured at the same time. Can someone fill me in on what has been going on? What is all this about the organization joining the UN? and the child abuse? I'm in shock. It would be so nice to finally be able to move on and know that God loves me the way that I am and he hears my prayers. It would feel so great to worship God in a way that I am comfortable with, which would mean that God loves us all and he is much bigger than what Jehovah's witnesses teach. thank you very much for anything that would enlighten me. ( I was a witness from the time I was 21 until 31 years old)

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

kpappl,

Stick around here my friend and read the posts. Also, check out www.freeminds.com.

Nearly everyon here understands your feelings of guilt and shame because we've lived that same mess. We all know what it's like to want to serve God with a full heart but then be made to feel like a piece of crap from the literature and the congregation.

Buddy, life after the jw can be amazing, but it's important to study the truth about the organization and realize that they are not God's servants and that they had no right to make you feel as worthless as they did.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Tom

• kpappl
    kpappl

Hey Tom, Thanks for responding so quickly. I will continue to do some research. I'm not really sure how to use this site correctly but i will do my best. By the way, my name is Kim. Have a great night and thanks again.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Hey Tom, Thanks for responding so quickly. I will continue to do some research. I'm not really sure how to use this site correctly but i will do my best. By the way, my name is Kim. Have a great night and thanks again.

Here's a warm hug (((Kim))).

I wish you the best in your journey. Mine hasn't brought me any desire to worship, but I've only been out for about four years. I don't think I hate God anymore though, so I guess there's hope. One thing's for sure, though, I don't ever care to end up in another system of man-made rules and forced love. For now, I worship by smiling and appreciating others who do the same. I worship by loving the taste of chocolate, enjoying the feel of flying along on the highway, reading stories of other survivors, some (ahem) alone time, and living in the present. It may not be for everyone but it's the only kind of worship I can stomach right now.

• bernadette
    bernadette

Fits perfectly there.

Had to exit the site fast yesterday as someone came into the room and wondered what I was smiling about. Nearly read him the poem ........whew foot in mouth disease!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Had to exit the site fast yesterday as someone came into the room and wondered what I was smiling about. Nearly read him the poem ........whew foot in mouth disease!

Ha ha! You should have read it. Are they jw? lol

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

didn't want u to kill your own thread!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit