How did you leave the JW's?

by rhett 21 Replies latest jw friends

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Moving out of state works very nicely!!! Just wish I hadn't contacted the local hall when I first got here, as at the time we moved I was still *confused* <sigh> However seeing as how these folks haven't known me for very long, their shepherding attempts were rather half-hearted to say the least, and I think they finally got the hint. Haven't seen anyone for months! yay

BW

"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein

• Vienna
    Vienna

False doctrines? Couldn't be. I researched and researched for about a year and found out, to my horror and dismay, that JWs did not teach the truth. I was numb over several months, and then found this weird thing: a relationship with Jesus.

After going to a regular bible study (evenings) at church, attending Sunday services, associations with fellow believers and studying, I committed my life to Christ, then two years later got baptized. At that point, my conscience really kept bothering me that my name was on the JW list as being a member (Jesus said leave false religion), so I turned in my disassociation letter about two years later. Now I stand tall before my Lord with false religion in the past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit