How did you leave the JW's?

by rhett 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I was baptized at 16 and DFed at 19 for immorality. (Cute worldly boyfriend that ended up being a loser!) I confessed my sin to the elders looking for help on how to extract myself from my worldly associations. I was DFed within 30 minutes. For asking for help! It was the wrongful DFing and the shunning that made me realize that this couldn't be God's Organization. I haven't been back to a KH, convention or Memorial since then.

Although I had no intention of leaving the Borg, the pain of my DFing was excruciating, and I've lost my family, I have NO regrets at all! The blessings I've been handed since then fulfill me in a way that JW's never did.

Andi

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

In the 8th month of my volunteer service at Bethel,
    I marched into the farm overseer's office and
    turned in my id card with my photo cut out.

The following day a limo picked me up at Bethel and
    the rest is now history.

When the limo pulled up, I asked the driver for a
    cigerette to smoke. It happened to be a Tuesday night
    and all the brothers and sisters were leaving for
    local congs. The sight on some of the faces...
    when I returned home , my PO asked me to give a little
    talk about Bethel, not realizing I was not going back.
    I declined and since than, this guy can be seen driving by
    my house looking for trouble.. What a rat uh.
    P.S. I smoked pot with my brother the day the plane landed
    back home with no guilt trip attached.

• Mum
    Mum

I was miserable after I had been doing all of the "right" things. I didn't want to leave, but I could no longer live with my husband, who was an elder and becoming more controlling and autocratic with every passing day. I did not intend to leave for good, but the longer I was out, the less neurotic I became, the more relaxed I became, and my "adjustment" has progressed marvelously over the past 22 years!

I planned my escape, left a note on the kitchen table, took my daughter to a shopping center where a friend met us and drove us to the airport, and moved to the other end of the USA - from the east to the far west.

The whole story is more complex, but my daughter is no longer a JW either, although her dad got ample opportunity to bring her up as one.

• Mulan
    Mulan

We ever so slowly, faded away. Husband resigned as an elder in Summer of '96, and we gradually stopped going to meetings. In the summer of '97, we stopped going to the KH, and in January '98, left the book study, never to return again,...........nor to EVER look back. Not disfellowshipped or DA'd, but still shunned by most dubs.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

I don't have time to make any personal remarks, tho I'd like to, but I have to say MUM: welcome and thank you for your very important contribution...

lauralisa

It's only water from a stranger's tear (Peter Gabriel)

• lydia
    lydia

My ex-husband was disfellowshipped for having an afair...I was devestated by both the afair and the disfellowshipping. I had already started to question things. When no one cared to stop and see how I was.. I moved back to my home town and in with a guy. (YEAH!)
    It was the most freeing thing I'd ever done. I spent the next 6-9 months geting to know me again. It's been a long process, but I'm much better now. I really started to see the control that they had held on me..and I didn't like it. So, I sent a letter to the cong. in this area to DA myself, and I haven't looked back.
    Life is to live and to love..not to worry about what one needs to do to obtain the prize. God loves us because we are individuals and because we love.
    Live life to the fullest..its too short to worry about meeting hour requirements!!

• BlackMan4Life
    BlackMan4Life

I joined the Army :)
    - Larry

• Daveboy
    Daveboy

Baptised at 15, AP for a month. Met a ger who wants to study but only want me to conduct the Bible study. Fell in love with each other. Book into a hotel, met another brother who is also with his worldly girlfriend. He informed the elders about me. During the judicial meeting he lied saying he was walking past the hotel and saw me with a girl. I remained silent
    and was D/F! Jehovah's spirit with the elders during the meeting?????
    Heard that he has now become a MS. My girlfriend was killed two weeks ago at WTC and is still now below the rubble. Jehovah punishing us?
    And reward sinners who dare to inform the elders that some one else has sinned?

• Daveboy
    Daveboy

Baptised at 15, AP for a month. Met a ger who wants to study but only want me to conduct the Bible study. Fell in love with each other. Book into a hotel, met another brother who is also with his worldly girlfriend. He informed the elders about me. During the judicial meeting he lied saying he was walking past the hotel and saw me with a girl. I remained silent
    and was D/F! Jehovah's spirit with the elders during the meeting?????
    Heard that he has now become a MS. My girlfriend was killed two weeks ago at WTC and is still now below the rubble. Jehovah punishing us?
    And reward sinners who dare to inform the elders that some one else has sinned?

• Daveboy
    Daveboy

Sorry!Sorry! Hit the BACK button and it send again....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit