Emmitt and Cheryl......?

by bikerchic 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancing/gallery.html

Dancing With The Stars:

Wow they won it!

http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancing/bios/3/emmitt_smith.html

I'm really surprised the fans really played a huge part in this win because they clearly (IMHO) were not the best dancing couple and Mario and Karina looked stunned!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I was stunned too but I'm trying not to think about it. Popularity won over skill IMHO.

Josie

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I agree that Mario and Karina should have won. That leap off the steps was awesome. He just might get himself some dancing gigs in the future

But watching a burly football player mooooooooooovin on the dance floor was just awesome. Every time he was on I was smiling

• hambeak
    hambeak

They said on the news here in Dallas that the judges said it was a tie. The callers made the deciding vote at some sort of cost per vote. I bet Dallas put in lots of calls some cowboy had to win something LOL I saw a few trailers of his dancing and I must say for a big guy he has the moves.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Every four or five years, these sorts of shows come out, and guys are left to fight off the woman that wants to learn how to dance. I am currently doing this in my life. Mrs. XJW wants to take dancing lessons. I don't want to. It has caused a few heated discussions in the home, but I am standing firm. I do not want to learn how to dance like this, period.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Hey xjw give it a try it really is fun you won't be on center stage with everyone watching. Look at the movie True Lies and watch how Schwarzzenegger dances with That beautiful Tia Carrera (I think thats her name) do the Tango and then Jamie Lee Curtis The Gal does all the hard stuff the guy is just the ornament. You will have a lot of fun. Been there done that and I miss it I love ball room dancing. Especially a good waltz. My god I'm, getting old. LOL

• undercover
    undercover
    I was stunned too but I'm trying not to think about it. Popularity won over skill IMHO.

Mario is a better talented dancer than Emmitt...but...Emmitt had charisma and charm that no one else on the show had. While Mario's dances were spectacular and he really looked like a professional out there, Emmitt made it look fun. His smile, his attitude came thru in all his dances.

As one of the judges pointed out...not only was Emmitt a good dancer, he was an entertainer. Emmitt was more entertaining to watch, even if he moves weren't quite as good as Mario's.

Plus, Cheryl is just smoking hot...how can you not vote for her...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Plus, Cheryl is just smoking hot...how can you not vote for her...

Oh she's cute but just not my type

Josie

PS I was more entertained by Mario's dancing but my hubby favored Emmitt. Our votes were split too.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Well I told the Mrs. that there is no way I am going to spend 2 hours a week at a class, plus the additional 1 per day to practice. It would just take up too much of my already strained time. As it is I don't have time to do the things that I enjoy, like watch a football game. I will be able to watch an entire football game for the first time this season on Saturday, thank God it's rivalry weekend! Go Blue! and Fight On!

• Mulan
    Mulan

I wasn't disappointed at all. I wanted it to be either Emmitt or Mario. I loved them both.

I thought it was cool that Cheryl won for the second time. It should be a big boost for her career.

I LOVE Maksim!! He is just "fluid" on his feet, and if you are talking HOT, he is it!

(tried to put in a photo of Maks, but it's copyrighted and didn't show)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit