When Jesus inspected his temple in 1918/1919

by ninja 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ninja
    ninja

What are some beliefs witnesses had that would disqualify them from being the faithful and discreet slave?....I will start with a couple..They believed God lived on Alcyone and promoted spiritism by encouraging the friends to read "Angels and women"...there must be loads more

• Zico
    Zico

They still celebrated Christmas and birthdays, and believed Jesus died on a cross.

• badboy
    badboy

THEY WORE CROSSES,METHINKS?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

You must remember that back when Jesus inspected his temple in 1919, the light wasn't very bright. He couldn't see what was going on all that well. With the newer light that followed, we can see that Rutherford was correct in his estimation that millions alive in 1925 would say confidently that they would never die. Even later still teenagers in the 1950s could say with certainty they could wait until the new system to get married and have children because the end was a mere 25 years away (1975).

Imagine if the light was bright in 1919, Jesus would have seen them celebrating his fake birthday while wearing crosses and written them off as a bunch of quacks.

• badboy
    badboy

HE WOULD HAVE FOUND THEM USING SATAN'S STONE MONUMENTS(PYRAMIDS)!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Y'all are just jealous cuz Jesus didn't pick you'uns to be the next world rulers... after he effs up 6 billion people's day first.

• garybuss
    garybuss
    I think actually the inspection period that I was taught by the Witness people was the three and a half years from 1914 to 1918. Ray Franz wrote an interesting evaluation of the state of the Society and the quality of the available publications available for review during the claimed inspection period.

Actually, the Society was shut down, headquarters was closed, all the directors were in prison, and the latest publication was a book with pages cut out called, "The Finished Mystery".

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Gary based on what you just said, Jesus inspected his people from 1914 - 1918 and had them thrown in jail.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The reason they claim 1919 as the appointment year is that is the year they dispensed with Russell and Rutherford became king. Read Faith on the March by A.H. Macmillan.

http://www.e-cepher.com/books/fotm/vfaith.html

• My Struggle
    My Struggle

Thanks for the reference Gary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit