JW Wedding - Saturday

by Zico 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mary
    Mary
    I'm going to a JW wedding on Saturday. The Groom is 20, and the bride is 22. A bit young this, don't you think?

Not by the standards around here. If fact, 20 and 22 is considered a bit old. I'm not kidding. One year, there were three couples getting married. The girls were all way older than the guys. A friend of mine (at the time) was 24 and the groom was 17; the other two couples the girls were 25 and the grooms were both 17. I find that rather nauseating.

They argue A LOT as well. I think they're only marrying because they want sex, but then, I don't know for sure, but I don't see any other reason why they would get married

The only other reason they get married that young is so they can have their own place and not have to answer to mom and dad for anything anymore.

Anyway, they're going to London for their honeymoon. During the week one of the Groom's friends is in London, and the Groom is trying to get away from his wife so he can go spend a day with his mate. ON HIS HONEYMOON. Have you ever heard of anything like this?

Uh, no......sounds like the marriage is already doomed.

• delilah
    delilah

She wouldn't happen to be pregnant, would she?? just had to ask, because, well, you know, they are human....my brother had to get married, they got public reproof, and another friend of mine who was pregnant, had a white wedding IN the KH, and when they got found out, they were reproved also...

btw, both couples mentioned above......divorced.

• CD
    CD

I was invited recently to a wedding in NY (bride 20/groom 21) - I am close to the groom & his family. Neither one is college educated, nor have a good job. A few weeks b4 the wedding, he was trying to gather money together for a deposit down on an apt. I got a call from one of his family members asking me 2 speak 2 him, b/c the groom/bride were fighting a lot 2 weeks before the wedding & the bride was always running 2 her mom for every decision they had to make. After speaking to the groom, it further confirmed that he was not ready. I really like him as a person, thus I hope for the best, but in reality, I give the marriage 3 years.

CD.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Typical of JW Weddings - they have no clue on how to live independently. I think they get married because they are horny with no clue about anything else in life. You know, like paying rent... Kids with no education, told to live on part time jobs and pioneer.... Barely any of them last, and if they do, they seem to be miserable....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit