Feeling bad for doing normal things - SLIGHT ADULT CONTENT

by jambon1 17 Replies latest jw friends

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

God, I didn't have my first orgasm til I was 26!!! And that was even after being married for 5 years. The guilt I felt around sex, and especially masturbation, I have only begun to shed in the past year since leaving the org. It's nice now to explore my sexuality without all of the shame.

tall penguin

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    God, I didn't have my first orgasm til I was 26!!! And that was even after being married for 5 years. The guilt I felt around sex, and especially masturbation, I have only begun to shed in the past year since leaving the org. It's nice now to explore my sexuality without all of the shame.

tall penguin

No kidding. I don't think there'd be as much rape, abuse, whatever, if sex wasn't villified by our enlightened society. It's like we're all playing a game where everyone pretends there's not an elephant sitting on the coffee table. We all got here by sex. Sex can be such a beautiful thing if you're not required to hate yourself for enjoying it. I guess I'm getting a bit preachy. Sorry about that.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Ain't it tha truth.

A lesson for us all, that is DAMNED DIFFICULT to UNLEARN:

While heaping ashes on your head, you inevitably get them into your eyes, which causes BLINDNESS.

Cheers to all of us who survived.
    Baba.

• merfi
    merfi
    Sex can be such a beautiful thing if you're not required to hate yourself for enjoying it.

This doesn't sound at all preachy to me, in fact I totally agree. Once I finally let go of the 'guilt' for actually enjoying sex, I felt so much more free and a bit more empowered in a sense (hard to explain). I have my own rules of what is 'right and wrong' about it, not some dumb cult's freakish and controlling ones.

~merfi

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Once I finally let go of the 'guilt' for actually enjoying sex, I felt so much more free and a bit more empowered in a sense (hard to explain).

You don't have to explain. That is you trusting that powerful intution you were born with. It turns out that we don't need sexually-frustrated older men tellilng us what good and what isn't.

I have my own rules of what is 'right and wrong' about it, not some dumb cult's freakish and controlling ones.

Amen, amen, and AMEN!!!!

• delilah
    delilah

people are basically 'mind punished' for participating in the normal things of life. Its a real shame. Because generations are growing up with feelings of low self-worth, depression & anxiety, when they should be enjoying the best days of their lives.

Normal things are viewed as "worldly" and selfish, and you're so right! They do have a grip on every aspect of a young Christian's life!! I'll bet there isn't a person on this forum who never masterbated, male or female, who never felt absolutely guilt-ridden about it each time.That's part of growing up for heaven's sake, and they make a person feel as though they've committed the ultimate, unforgivable sin...I grew tired of feeling unworthy, that everything I did, was not good enough.The more that I did, the more I needed to do. More, more, more!!!The best days of my life were being slowly whittled away inside that damned kingdumb hell, and in a car ,going door to door.

We were not allowed to enjoy the normal things in childhood, and my children, by god, are enjoying anything they want !! (within reason, of course) They play sports and have lots of friends, they go to parties, and are having the time of their lives, instead of rotting away in a KH. They are planning to go to university after highschool, and that's more opportunity than I ever had. end rant....

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Hi ya. Agree wholeheartedly mate. Oh and 10/10 for use of the phrase "ham shank"!!!!!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I still can feel that shame about it now, and thinking back it was nothing. I only laughed. Loud. Once.

Imagine how guilty you wouldve felt for your antics at the curry Katie?

How cool is it now we can let our hair down?

I too remember the guilt feelings for doing things which are normal; I did however develop the attitude that if big J created me like this he doesnt have the right to demand any better. As it is whether such a sadistic god exists is debateable.

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit