Witnesses and Homosexuals

by nielsen 9 Replies latest jw friends

• nielsen
    nielsen

I know homosexuality is a serious sin against God. But how do JWs view homosexuals in general? How do they associate with them if they ever come across one etc.? Kind regards, nielsen.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi nielsen, and welcome to the forum.

The jws would preach to homosexuals, study with them and baptise them if they "repent" and change their ways, but that would be the limit of their association. They are told not to have unnecessary contact with anyone who is not a believer. That rule is nothing to do with sexual preferences, and all to do with religious ones.

• hambeak
    hambeak

I live in a predominately gay area of Dallas, have for several years and I have never seen 1 JW door to door or any literature left anywhere

• mama1119
    mama1119

They say it will be tolerated as long as its not acted upon. Ridiculous.

neilson...from the sounds of your first post, I got the feeling you are an active JW...am I right?

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

If homosexuality IS a "serious sin against God", then what did David mean when he said that Jonathan's love was "more wonderful to me than the love from women"?

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME
    If homosexuality IS a "serious sin against God", then what did David mean when he said that Jonathan's love was "more wonderful to me than the love from women"?

OMGoodness You're grasping at straws here. bczar

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

know homosexuality is a serious sin against God. But how do JWs view homosexuals in general?

Hopefully with their cloths on.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

So homosexuality is a serious sin... hmmm

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    I know homosexuality is a serious sin against God.

How do you know that? Isn't it more correct to say you believe that homosexuality is a sin against God? That may sound like a petty point, but truly, how do we know these things? If you believe the bible is God's word then you have that as a basis, but remember, not everyone necessarily believes that.

What I do believe is that a ot of people have been horribly mistreated throughout history because some aspect of their life was out of harmoney with this book. It's a book. It's paper and ink. How can you mistreat flesh and blood based on something that is paper and ink?

Maybe I'm missing something here.

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

I'm a 43yo lesbian who is a caregiver to a disabled JW. I have to take her to all her meetings because she can't drive. They let her get baptized while she has been living with me and I think it would be hypocritical of them to all of a sudden tell her she should move (they should have told her that before her baptism). But if you read my prior posts, you will probably come to the same conclusion that everyone else has and that is they don't want to have to take the responsiblity of her care on themselves, so they allow her to live with me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit