Questions for JWs

by Ellie 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ellie
    Ellie

Hi everyone, been away for a while so firstly just want to say hello, hope you are all well.

Theres a really interesting thread about witnesses running on another board, loads of people are asking basic questions like "Why dont you celebrate xmas" etc, and a whole load of witnesses are answering, obviously happy to increase their hours.

I just thought Id be evil and ask you lot for some awkward questions to ask them.

So come on, give me your worst.

By the way, the other forum is not witness related at all.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Ellie, nice to see you back.

A question I wouldn't mind asking is why, seeing as jws can now accept blood fractions, don't they give blood themselves? It seems hypocritical to me, and parasitical in a way, that they can take blood but won't give any.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Thanks fullofdoubt now, I have just asked the question and I will let you know of any answers I get but not holding my breath, Armageddon will be here before they answer I'm sure lol.

• Jobees
    Jobees

What' s the site? Are you really going to go harrass the folks over there?

• Jobees
    Jobees

What' s the site? Are you really going to go harrass the folks over there?

• Jobees
    Jobees

oops

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

(1) Why does your religion require so many more things prior to baptism than were required for Cornelius and his family? (Acts 10)

(2) Since world population is growing a lot faster than your religion, why do you still use door to door to preach? Isn't it pretty clear by now that it is an ineffective way to spread your message?

(3) Why do your elders claim clergy privilege in court cases if your religion doesn't have a clergy/laity division?

(4) Why are accusations in your religion handled by elders convening private trials? (1 Timothy 5:20)

(5) Since First Century Christians regularly went to the Jewish temples while religious observances were going on and Paul was in the temples of Athens observing the worship of the local pantheists, can Jehovah's Witnesses visit the places of worship of other faiths?

{Edit} A couple of people requested the Scripture references for this...

Acts 17, in the famous Pauline speech on the Aereopagus, Paul states that he was observing objects of worship to various gods. These were found in temples.

For the following, it is important to remember these people were born Jews, but were Christians at the time of their presence in the Jewish temples/synagogues. According to their doctrine, this would be akin to a Jew converting to Jehovah's Witnesses in modern times. With the synagogues, it is frequently specified "the synagogue of the Jews."

Temple: Acts 2:46-47; 5:17-21, 25-26, 42; 21:26-32

Synagogue(s): Acts 9:18-20; 13:4-5, 13-15; 14:1; 17:1-3, 10-11, 17; 18:4, 18-19; 19:6-8

(6) Where does the Bible indicate that unbaptized persons should preach?

(7) Where in the Bible can I find the word "paradise" used specifically in reference to the earth?

(8) Since John 10:16 was quoting Jesus speaking to the Pharisees before his death, weren't the two folds the Jews and Gentiles that would later be joined into one flock as Christians? (Ephesians 2:14-18) If there is a little flock and all Christ's sheep become one flock, isn't the little flock the one they all become part of? If not, why not?

How are those?

• Zico
    Zico

Hi Ellie, Ask them: 'Since Luke 21:8 quotes Jesus warning his followers never to follow or be misled by people who say the end is near (or 'the due time has approached'), in reference to his disciples request for a sign of his second coming, why do you expect people to follow you when you preach that this time is near?'

• stark
    stark
    A question I wouldn't mind asking is why, seeing as jws can now accept blood fractions,...

Fullofdoubt, what is a blood fraction? It of course has something to do with blood transfusions, but I'd like to know some detail. Last I knew, the JW's were against any blood going into the body.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Stark,

There is some information on this link

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/blood.html

There has been a kingdom ministry recently with an update on this. I know it was posted here, and will try to find it for you, but you may find the info on the link interesting. Bllod fractions are parts of blood that the wts allows jws to accept.

Edited to add: Here's a post on the topic, with a detailed chart showing what is and is not allowed

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/121601/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit