Agnostic/Atheist/Religion

by Free 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I Found NO answers there. Perhaps taking the time to reading a fellow atheist (C.S. Lewis') book "Mere Christianity" will help.

Wait a second, C.S. Lewis is a very famous christian apologist, not hardly an atheist.

The late Lewis, Oxford professor, scholar, author, and Christian apologist, presents the listener with a case for orthodox Christianity. from amazon.com review of the book "mere Chritianity"

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

You're certainly not alone. I am glad for the push into reality. Unfortunately, it happened through a cult.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey free,

good for you. you have taken this opportunity to evolve yourself. just remember that expansion of consciousness continues on. atheism is the starting point of the path to enlightenment that is only yours. a totally unique path unto yourself, in the end.

you can still experience the transcendental, and merge with the infinite. but with your new tools of empirical observation and critical thinking must come a personalized balance in your mind with the magic, so-to-speak. in other words, never forget to experience the magic when it presents itself to you. these are beautiful moments that you should not pass up. however, also remember to compare it to the simplest explanation possible in order to maintain this new balance you have aquired. i believe that this is one of the keys to a happy, evolved, human life. and to this end, i would recommend a practice of focused meditation, for the purposes of centering your mind and body.

nice to meet you,

peace,

tetra

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Wait a second, C.S. Lewis is a very famous christian apologist, not hardly an atheist.

lewis was a lapsed atheist.

but then again, what does it matter? we're all atheists of some sort or another anyways.

tetra

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

Free - I've experienced the same. For me, realizing I didn't need anyone else's "revelation" to create an understanding of God/Spirit/Divinity has been comforting and led to personal progress. I don't, however, believe everyone must have a structured spirituality to find peace, happiness, wisdom, and morality.

I wish you the best in your journey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit