I like peaches

by jgnat 35 Replies latest jw friends

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Yeah JGNAT!

Don't they grow on trees in Canada??

I have two peach trees in the back yard. Idaho touches the Canada lines.

You and hubby can buzz down next summer and eat your fill. OK?

Outoftheorg

It just dawned on me, that you may be too far north to grow peach trees.

Guess I am not all here tonight.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Yeah, it's funny how we all go through similar things but come up with widly dissimilar ways of coping. My brother and I couldn't be more different as well.

• misguided
    misguided

Yeah JGNAT!

Don't they grow on trees in Canada??

They do. There are millions of peaches growing in the area of BC where I live (the Okanagan.) I think jgnat is from Alberta...where the oil flows, wheat, canola, barley and rye grows in abundance. Oh, and I think beef, too. I don't think peaches grow too well in Alberta.

Rose (who's eaten way too many peaches...I love cherries and melons)

• compound complex
    compound complex

A Peach is a peach is a peach....

"The careful writer will avoid accidental assonances [resemblance in sound] ... [as they] distort the thought and annoy the reader. Thus one might say 'Before delivering his address the governor ate a peach.' But to say, 'Before the speech he ate a peach' is to introduce an unintended levity and to mar the passage with an unwanted jingle."---A DICTIONARY OF CONTEMPORARY AMERICAN USAGE, by Bergen Evans and Cornelia Evans, pp.400, 401.

I worked for a doctor, who years previously owned a peach orchard. She confided in me that she never had complained that the manager would flood the orchard before picking. The increase in weight bolstered the market value but reduced the flavor. I prefer non-irrigated peaches. Peaches are my FAVORITE FRUIT!

On Lobsters and Pineapples---Such Prickly Fare!

Years ago we had a series of TV commercials touting the softening qualities of Brand X hand lotion. The narrator asks the question (of a man), "How would you like to hold hands with a lobster [ pineapple---different commercial]? The man looks down quizzically at the hand of his beloved and sees a lobster [pineapple]! Look of horror and jerking away of imperiled hand. Then Ms. Creepy Claw uses the wonder lotion and wins the renewed affection and hand of her man. I believe only one hand was affected.

All of the above because I saw the word PEACH! Thanx, jgnat!

Tutti-fruttilly yours,

CoCo

• mellisamouse
    mellisamouse

millions of peaches, peaches for free, millions of peaches, peaches for me!

• delilah
    delilah

Now I have that silly song in my head.....lol....I love peaches...I guess I'm like the peach too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit