I like peaches

by jgnat 35 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Looking at the different ways my sister and I approach life, I'd decided people are either peaches or they're lobsters. My sister is all tough and crusty on the outside. You'd never know if something is bothering her. The few times her defences were breached, though, she practically collapsed. Like a lobster. All the toughness is on the outside.

Me, I've taken a beating in my life, too. But somehow I've managed to remain sensitive and open to people. I'm an open book. Sure, it leaves me open to attack, but I have a core of strength not obvious to everyone. Try and punch me down and all you get is skinned knuckles. I'm a peach.

I like peaches.

Just a reminder to enjoy our differences on the board, even if we're talking to a blazingly crusty lobster or a soft, juicy peach.

• buriram
    buriram

I prefer pineapples

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

Jgnat-

That's a cute illustration!! I really don't know what I would consider myself though.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Plus, if you man-handle a peach too much it makes you all itchy. I worked on a peach farm for a summer, I know. I guess it's their way of getting back at you.

Kwin

• vitty
    vitty

Id love to be a peach but im a lobster..............thats what my family expect but they dont know that

I am the fixer that they all turn to but in reality im a heap...only my husband knows me

• Warlock
    Warlock

I'm just a damn heathen.

Warlock

• jgnat
    jgnat
    buriram: I prefer pineapples

...slightly prickly on the outside, firmly sweet on the inside? Not bad, not bad at all.

kwin: Plus, if you man-handle a peach too much it makes you all itchy

I'll keep that in mind. Must be the reason man made nectarines. I've noticed the fuzzy plants in my garden ward off slugs. So fuzz is not all bad.

vitty: Only my husband knows me.

I don't think my sister confides in anyone. I'm glad you have your husband there for you. Have you thought of telling your family you've resigned from "family fixer"? Just a thought. My sister and I trade off back and forth taking care of mom.

• jgnat
    jgnat

If heathen were a fruit, I bet it would be a durian. A stinky delicacy.

• bebu
    bebu

LOL. I suppose I am a peach as well.

bebu

• Warlock
    Warlock
    If heathen were a fruit, I bet it would be a durian. A stinky delicacy.

Thanks jgnat, except for the stinky part. LOL.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit