Shunning via Rumor

by NeonMadman 28 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

It was SO encouraging to read your happy! 5 years where does the time go???? I do hope your wife will be back to full health very soon. Tell her THANKS from Mouthy____for making a friend of ours happy at last...((((((((HUGS))))
    Grace

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

It was so good to hear that your new marriage is going well and that you are both happy. I was sorry to hear that your wife has not been in the best of health....but hope and pray she recovers nicely. You both deserve the BEST!

Thanks for popping in to say "hey".....

hugs,

Annie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Glad I scrolled down before I posted my comment. I never checked the dates, so thought this was a current experience. LOL

Be careful or you will be getting advise on this five year old issue.

Jeff

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's great that your life got sorted so nicely since things were in a total mess back in 2001 from what you described and that you got your revenge against them by helping people see how cultish and dangerous they are.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

What about an update on the rest of the people in your story? ex-wife? your daugher and her husband? Any grandbabies? How about the new bride and groom?

Come on...it's not very often we can get a complete update...years after the facts.

Thanks for bringing this back to the top.

lisa

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Mouthy:

It was SO encouraging to read your happy! 5 years where does the time go???? I do hope your wife will be back to full health very soon. Tell her THANKS from Mouthy____for making a friend of ours happy at last...((((((((HUGS))))

Hopefully you are coming to PA and will be able to tell her yourself in a few weeks?

lisavegas420:

What about an update on the rest of the people in your story? ex-wife? your daugher and her husband? Any grandbabies? How about the new bride and groom?

My ex-wife, who assured me she could get any man she wanted, is still alone, and, as far as I know, not even dating. They say the best revenge is living well, but it would be nice if she would find somebody so I could stop sending her a check every week (know any eligible elder-types in their late 50's or so? No apostate or witches allowed, even secret ones).

My daughter and her husband are doing pretty well. They still have a solid relationship, even though they have had some tough times. I feel for my daughter because of the situation she is in with a mother who is a devout JW and a father who is a flaming apostate. It's as if she has one foot in the organization and the other out. I think she realizes it isn't the truth, but she can't leave because her mom would shun her, and she can't become active again because she would be told to shun me (which she says she would never do). No grandbabies yet, though...

And Amanda and her husband also seem to be doing well, though I don't see them that often - maybe once a year at Christmas when we go up to Massachusetts to see everyone (I still have uncle, aunt, cousins, my daughter and ex-JW friends up there). She and my daughter are still buddies most of the time, and if she's there when I'm takling on the phone with my daughter, she yells, "Hi, Dad"!

Everyone who expressed good wishes for my wife's health:

Pat was very fortunate in that a cancer that would not normally be discovered in time was found fairly early. The tumors had grown rather large (one the size of an orange and the other the size of a grapefruit), and one weekend one of them started to press on her bowel, which made it difficult for her to have a bowel movement. She went to the doctor on a Monday, expecting to come home with a laxative, and ended up having surgery less than two weeks later. The doctors who performed the surgery said they were pretty confident they had gotten it all; even though the tumors were large, they were contained and showed no evidence of spreading, except that one had begun to attach itself to the pelvic wall. Because of that small outgrowth, the cancer was classed as stage 2 (otherwise would have been stage 1), but the doctors were able to remove that part, too. That surgery was over a year ago, followed by some chemotherapy just to be on the safe side. But the chemo has been over since early spring, and all tests continue to look very good. The kicker is that the type of cancer she had is generally not found until it reaches stage 4 and nothing can be done. But everything looks good, and she looks and feels great. For those who attend the PA conference in a few weeks, I expect that she will be with me, so you'll get to experience her for yourselves.

• Lostwun
    Lostwun

I know this is an old topic but i just wanted to say thank you because you have validated everything i am currently going through right now. My ex husband the adulterer is running the exact same tatics that your ex-wife did to you and it amazes me the amount of people who you thought were friends completely drop you without verifying the facts.Its both disheartening and appalling. I enjoyed reading your happy ending, hope i get mines too :)

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

When I was inactive, I was going to the shopping mall to meet my wife and son who were having lunch with my mother-in-law and a couple of JW's (my wife was still in). When I was turning the corner I ran into my father-in-law. I greeted him, extended my hand, and he turned his face, ignored me and kept walking. I was floored. I then met my family and had lunch with them and the other JW's, who were visibly uncomfortable with me being there. That was an odd day.

Months later, my father-in-law apologized and said he had done that because he had heard that I had been disfellowshipped (duhhh ... he could have asked me or his daughter, or his wife, right?)

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

What a wonderful story. So sorry the self righteous JW's shunned you. They really are good at it. You're ex wife sounds like a real winner. She showed her true colors. You really sound like a great guy and you have a fantastic disposition. Congrats on your upcoming wedding. We have been out for 4 years and never happier.

Like Doc says on here...."the best revenge is living a happy and successful life."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit