I'm coming out on my blog.

by Abandoned 31 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Abandoned..I just learned somthing new..Thanks!...OUTLAW

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Just read your blog. No wonder your letter was fluent - you write poems, etc.

That is very interesting. What kind of work do you do? You may PM if you want.

And you live in Rochester, MN. - home of the Mayo Clinic. I'm near Madison, WI so we both have the cold and snow to get through!

Yep, I live in Rochester, home of the Clinic. I work at a restaurant and a coffee shop. I used to work with Alzeimer's residents. If you read back a bit in my blog, to the story titled A Modern Day Fairy Tale, you can see the story behind why I left that job.

I don't think I'd still be alive if it weren't for my writing. It's the one thing that's always been there for me when my feelings of worthlessness were at their worst. I love poems and stories and songs and anything related to writing - well ALMOST anything related to writing.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Outlaw: You're welcome. :-)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Juni..A GobSmacker???..LOL!!..You`ve watched Willie Wonka too many times..You probably wanna give Johnny Depp a big smootch..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• buriram
    buriram

nice to hear that Abandoned , lovely story, i like poetry and English as well, but not very good at it.

Cheers

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Thanks for sharing your feelings here, all very well said.

catfish

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

nice to hear that Abandoned , lovely story, i like poetry and English as well, but not very good at it.

If you like poetry, I bet you'd do just fine. Don't worry about what anyone else says is poetry or isn't poetry. That's so subjective. When Emily Dickenson was alive, her style of poetry was looked down upon. Still, she wrote what she loved and today, people are still affected by her beautiful words, even though most of her poems weren't released until after she died.

In 2004, my wife left me. We'd been having problems for a long time and so instead of getting sad and felling bad, I decided to take this incident as a chance to make some major changes. I started praying again, which I'd all but stopped after leaving the jw. At that time I was still haunted by intense feelings of worthlessness. Anyway, I had wanted to be writer for a long time so I decided to start writing. My early work is horrendous. I'm still no Emily Dickenson, but I'm a lot better and I love writing more than just about any other activity.

What I found out by JUST WRITING was that after awhile I improved and then I started getting compliments for my writing. I've won a number of contests and I'm confident that I've found my voice. I don't know whether this confidence has made it possible for me to finally deal with this jw nonsense or if leaving jw is what lead to me finding the confidence to pursue my dreams, but I've learned that my dreams matter and that I have permission to follow them. I've learned that God is secure enough to allow me to do the things I love without feeling guilty for not pursuing "his interests."

So, if you want to write, or paint, or act, or make funny faces at people who pass by you on the bus, DO IT! Enjoy it! Have fun. Smile while you do it and see how infectious a smile can be. I've learned a lot since I've left the jw and now I'm finally losing the guilt and sense of worthlessness. It's taken four years, and I'm glad that I decided to follow my writing dreams while recovering.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Outlaw... as has already been mentioned, a blog is an online journal, but it gets its name from weB LOG. See?

Baba.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Well Okay, I went to the blog and you're right.....You are out there..!

If my wife was'nt so active...meetings ... service etc.... I feel a clean break would be good.

Then again... I am being left totality alone. Nobody comes around and pesters me .. and thats great.

Oh well Good for you for doing what you need to do.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I have my the second part of my story up on my blog. Check it out here: http://blog.myspace.com/improg

Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit