tell me about the forum?

by wvpeach 19 Replies latest jw friends

• wvpeach
    wvpeach

I do not belong to any denomination of men.

I am a true fan of God and his son Jesus Christ though.

I found this forum looking for some christian freinds to talk with.

So far in looking around the forum , most of what I've seen is bashing of Jehovah's Wittness's.

I am never one to go for slandering my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

So if thats what this forum is all about I better just leave now.

Responses appreciated so I know.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well I wouldn't call it slander, we used to be Jehovah's Witnesses and were decieved by the WT into thinking they were the truth and we found out the deception.

• Nellie
    Nellie

Well, peach - there are all types here . . . like the logo says "everyone welcome" . . . however, the bulk of this site is geared towards sharing experiences and information about the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses. By virtue of it's existence, this site tends to bash JWs, but if you read through the bash you will understand the pain that many have suffered because of the requirements the organization demands of it's followers. There are some here who are still JW's. those who are not, as well as those who never were but are interested in the topic.

Grieving comes in stages, you will find those who are in the angry stage and hopefully those who are not can help them get through it. Some weren't angry before they got here, but after finding out information here have become angry. Not having experienced the organization and how destructive it has been to some, it would be difficult for you to understand.

Welcome and try not to prejudge. If you stay around long enough, you just might learn something.

Peace

• penny2
    penny2

Hi wvpeach and welcome to JWD. Many of us are ex-JWs or on the way out. JWs are not allowed to communicate with those who have been disfellowshipped or who have disassociated themselves. Seeing some of us are in those categories, you won't find too many active JWs here.

Most of us don't hate JWs - in fact we love our families who are still in. However, venting about some of our issues may come across as bashing.

Please don't pre-judge. We've had enough of that when we were JWs.

penny2

• under_believer
    under_believer

I am never one to go for slandering my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

So if thats what this forum is all about I better just leave now.

In that case, you're good to go. Witnesses are not "Christian" in the sense that you are probably using the word, at least not above .001% of them. They teach that only 144,000 people are members of the New Convenant, or "fellow brothers and sisters in Christ." At this time, only 8000, plus or minus, Witnesses even partake in Communion, out of the over 6 million of them that they count as active members.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Jehovah's Witnesses are not your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

They believe that Jesus was Michael the archangel. (They have a whole other host of things wrong besides that)

There are a lot here who are now athiests. I am not one of those. I am a fellow sister of yours in Christ.

I know it seems like bashing but you have to realize that our dear loved family are still in the Jehovah's Witnesses and that means that they are not allowed to speak to us at all. I am an only child of 24 years old and now I have no family at all and am alone. What this religion did to me was like murdering everyone I ever loved. I can't see them or speak to them. The only hope I have is that one day they too will come to Christ.

Also -- you should know that the reason they will not let me return to speaking terms with my family is because I am a member of a Christian church.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and WELCOME, WVPeach!

As has already been stated, posters here do not hate the Witnesses at all, but many of us here have family members who disowned us because we disagreed with the Watchtower teachings, something that I'm sure you will agree, Jesus Christ himself would never have done, nor would he approve of anyone doing it today.

There is tremendous pain that follows us due to the shunning practice as well as having lost loved ones due to the policy of no blood transfusions. Baptized Jehovah's Witnesses are NOT allowed to ask questions of why the Watchtower Society decides or does this or that, even though they keep changing their collective mind and stance on things, and even though many of the decisions actually mean life or death.

If you stick around, WVPeach, I'm sure you'll find we are a tremendously compassionate bunch. What this site does for us is helps to heal the wounds that losing our family has caused us.

Truly,
    Baba Yaga.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

My take on this site is it's a site to help former Jehovah's Witnesses get over the trauma of being a Witness. It's also provides help to those who are trapped in the JW organization; as well as, giving advice to those seeking knowledge about the religion. You will read things that the Witnesses don't tell you about. There are many people who come here after they start a relationship with a witness and didn't get what they bargained for, and they want to try to get their loved one to be more supportive to the relationship instead of to the religion.

I don't think that you're going to find very many people here that are happy Jehovah's Witnesses.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I forgot something. If you believe that they are our brothers and sisters, ask them. They will tell you that they are not.

Ask them if they believe that they are the only true religion and if the rest of us are a part of the worldwide empire of false religion.

I know that the methodists, baptist, pres. .. are all Christians. Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses are not.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Ask them if they believe that they are the only true religion and if the rest of us are a part of the worldwide empire of false religion.

Renee, that is a very good point! They don't believe that any other religion is blessed by God's presence. They do believe that all other religions will be destroyed at Armaggedon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit